A Promise

On a cloud and heading towards a distant peak, he said nothing to her as his arms fully enveloped her quivering shoulders.  His own eyes were moist and his breath uneven and though she may not have known what she actually wanted, he was also at a loss as to what he was exactly doing.  He had just stolen her from her marriage trial which under every Celestial law was illegal and therefore punishable, but then again, he had never cared for the laws anyway unless they served a purpose, and at that moment they had nothing to do with what he was doing or where he was taking her.  

He had felt her presence in the den which had the embarrassment rising, because he had never meant for her to see him in that state.  In fact, he had not meant to lose control of himself at all, but after a week of watching her with that man, doing her damnest to be alone with him, even going on dates that she should have been having with himself, the emotions eventually caught up with him when he saw them whispering playfully into each others ear.

It had taken every ounce of willpower and centuries of self control not to take that mans head from his shoulders.  Instead, the moment she had raced into the den to change, then he too left defeated and ready to give up.  It was the worst feeling any man could suffer especially for a War God, and that was defeat, especially against that man who brought every ounce of hate he had to fore and being a man who never allowed emotions to cloud his judgement, the resentment and jealousy in the end forced him to his knees in tears as he prepared to let her go, if that was what she really wanted.

Only he had not expected to feel the overwhelming wave of sadness pouring off her when she stumbled on him.  He had purposely kept his head down though mainly to hide his embarrassment at having been caught in tears, which was something no man would want anyone else to see, least of all her.  But the emotional turmoil that she was in along with the soft gasp as her own tears gave way moments before she fled Qing Qiu, soon had him on his feet and giving chase.

He had thought she would run straight to Guotin, only the wisp of energy that flew out the den and straight into the sky had him also cloud jumping after her.  He knew then where she was headed and he had a strong suspicion that he knew why.  It was well known that she was drinker, especially when her emotions were unsteady, but to find her on her knees sobbing at the side of the lake and unaware that he was there watching soon had him moving towards her with the intention of talking her through it.

Only the moment his name passed her lips as a strangled heart wretching whisper, then all reason left him as he pulled her up into his arms and fled with her back to Kunlun Mountain.  And rather than take her back to the sea of flowers, he instead stormed her straight though the main entrance and to his chamber where a barrier went up behind him.

Her head was still buried in his neck and her arms loosely gathered about his shoulders.  He could hear his Disciples scurrying to meet with him, but the way her arms tightened about his body and small sob of distress at being caught crying by them, soon had him strengthening his barrier, though not because he thought they would break through it, but to keep out a certain man who might actually strom the mountain in search of her.

Sitting her down on his knee, he continued to hold her until she had cried it all out.  His head rested against the top of her own while his eyes hooded over sadly as he waited for her to pull herself together. 

It was some time before she managed to achieve any semblance of control, but the moment her eyes opened and his chamber came into view, the tears immediately began to flood her lashes all over again.

"You always were able to break me." she whispered against him.

"I think that goes both ways." he replied softly before gently forcing her back to look at her.