The Final Decision

"I will not allow it Xiao Wu.  I absolutely refuse to allow it and that is my final word." Bai Zhis voice thundered through the den only to met with the sound of breaking glass as a pitcher of water was picked up and thrown against the back wall.

"You do not get to choose who I marry and who I don't.  I choose!" Bai Qian screamed over her brother who was also yelling at her while Zhe Yan looked to be just as close to losing what little patience he had left. 

Quietly her mother sat and listened as the screaming intensified.  She had plenty to say, but being the one who had far more control of herself, she didn't bother to add her own voice to volatile mix, not when her word was final anyway rather than her husbands, but wanting them to get it out of their systems before she stood and took over, she merely relaxed back against the back of the couch with a cup of wine and waited.

"There is no way that Demon is setting one toe nail into into this den.  If he dare tries, I will cut his damn feet off!" Bai Zhen yelled over the top of more dishes being thrown against the far wall.

"And I will cut off yours.!" she screamed back.

"Xiao Wu.  That man has only one agenda, and marrying you is only one small part.  If you think you alone are the reason for his desire for this marriage then you do not deserve to be heading Qing Qiu!" her father snapped and forcing her anger to explode.

"Who the hell are you to say I am not suited when I alone gave this Tribe an army, something you sure as hell couldn't manage or do you think your reputation as a fighter is exclusive to just you?" she screamed before throwing a full vase of flowers directly at him and forcing her mother to her feet.

"You dare......" Bai Zhis voice suddenly dropped like a ton of bricks only to hitch when his wife suddenly appeared before him.

She didn't need to look at her husband to know his face would be bright red and his temper at its pinnacle, but no sooner was she on her feet and inbetween the both of them, then instantly, as if a switch had been flicked, the room stilled all movement.  The only sound was the rush of heaviy breathing coming from all four of them.

"Bai Zhi, Zhe Yan, Bai Zhen." she addressed the men directly while keeping her eyes on her daughter who had also taken several steps back the moment her mother entered the middle of the room.

"The three of you are to leave.  Now." she ordered softly but clearly and the look on her face left no room for negotiation.  What she said, they did.

Though Bai Zhi did glare at her a few seconds longer, before angrily flicking out his robes in a spin of rage before leaving the den with the other two and not looking back.  Whatever came of their talk, he knew he would have to accept, he could only hope that she would take his side on the matter.  Though rather than leave for the Peach Tree Woods where Zhe Yan and his son had gone, he instead took himself to Kunlun Mountain.  He might not have a say over his wife, but Mo Yuan would.

"Qian Qian, come and sit down." she ordered which had Bai Qian sulkily moving to the sofa as the rage she had managed to work herself into began to slowly ebb away.

Flopping down beside her, the anger was no longer visible, but the tears were still a moment away from falling.   Her mother understood her aversion to having her marriage arranged after all, she herself had chosen her father, but seeing as it was Mo Yuan who had arrived to claim her, they could hardly turn the man down.   Not when his position allowed him the choice of any woman of his choosing.  But then again, her daughter too held a high enough postiion that could allow her to choose her own husband so it was this that she kept at the back of her head as she quietly observed her daughter for a few seconds.