Unravelling

Clinging to his robes and in tears, Mo Yuans gaze instantly raised to his brother with a look of thunder in his eyes.  He had purposely forced himself to sit down and allow the two to talk even though every fibre in his body was screaming at him to intervene.  And the longer they took to talk, the more worried he became.  He was now positive that Ye Hua had been her trial calamity, because her initial reaction to his arrival was not a normal response, because from what he had heard, and what he had seen for himself, the two had met for the first time in the Celestial Heavens.   And the amount of anger pouring off her at his arrival that morning, suggested so as well.

Though the moment she took his arm, he knew she had only done that out of spite to him, she knew he would get jealous and it worked, because his mind had been imagining all kinds of things and the moment he felt her energy heading for the low valleys, then his own anger began to rise and then bubble below the surface.

That she had left with his brother was one thing, but to then take him to a place that special to just the two of them was another and he had been seriously contemplating on leaving to join them, when he felt her energy returning.  Only she was moving too quickly.  She knew not to cloud jump at the entrance to mountain because its divine energy could have thrown her straight back off and hurt her.  One had to enter the same way at all times, and those who were silly enough to cloud jump were almost always thrown back.

Though he put this down to her High Goddess energy as well as her intimate knowledge with the entrance, otherwise he might have been carrying her up himself.

Now in his arms and upset, the anger he had been holding in exploded.

"What the hell did you do to her." his voice rumbled through the hall and also bringing his Disciples to their feet, who not only moved to surround them, but all eyes glared fixedly at Ye Hua who was still trying to catch his breath.

"I'm sorry.  I saw something back there......" he replied briefly pointing backwards in confusion at the anger aimed directly at him and for what he had seen which was now becoming even more confusing the longer he looked at his brother.

Pulling her closer to him, Mo Yuans mind was churning very quickly.  His brother looked frightened and from every account he had heard of him, Ye Hua did not frighten over anything and nor was he a coward, but the way he was slowly inching back had his eyes narrowing once again at that black robe he was wearing.

Back at the Celestial Palace, something about it gave him an uneasy feeling, or rather he thought he caught sight of something that at the time made no sense, even then it didn't but Mo Yuans intuition was sharp and he knew that whatever had happened or whatever they had seen had disturbed the both of them including an Ice Queen who had never feared anything either.

"What happened Bai Qian?" he asked her instead seeing as he wasn't getting an answers from his brother who had also lost all the colour in his cheeks.

Shaking her head into his chest, it seemed as if she was trying to open his robes to bury herself inside of them.  

For a few seconds longer, his eyes raised and held his brothers while deciding what to do while remaining calm so as not to disturb his Disciples who were not only eyeballing his brother but for their seventeenth junior to return in tears and trembling in fear, had Die Feng and Chang Shan just moments away from drawing their swords.  Just one word from their Shifu was all they were waiting, Crown Prince or not. 

"I will see you in my study." Mo Yuan suggested while ensuring to keep his demeanor calm and his voice controlled, and as if a silent order had been given, not only dis Die Feng fall back, the rest did too. 

For a moment longer, Ye Hua contemplated on what to do.  It had been centuries since he had been shaken up so much, that he was unsure of what to do.  That the Disciples had taken an automatic defensive stance against him didn't bother him in the slightest, because he had no qualms in defending himself, but even though he didn't know his brother all that well, he knew instinctively that Mo Yuan would never give the order to attack.