A Tense Reunion.

"Seventeen.  You dare to address Shifu in that manner?" Chang Shan asked becoming bewildered seeing as they had all been laughing and admiring their old brother turned sister in Mo Yuans absence while also fully in the Discipleship.

The question was asked softly but there was definitely an element of anger in it, as if demanding that she explain herself, because to address her own Shifu by his first name was insubornination in his eyes and punishable.

"Oh it's alright Chang Shan." she replied with a brilliant smile while also addressing him by name which quickly unnerved them all as Mo Yuan drew closer and all the while her eyes remained firmly fixed on his own.

"Mo Yuan died, therefore the Discipleship has ended and besides, we have already had the privilege of a meeting, so we are already familiar with our new titles.  Isn't that right Mo Yuan?" she asked as he moved to stand directly in front of her.

"Even so, only those of rank can address......"

"Queen Bai Qian, it is a pleasure to see you again." Mo Yuan interrupted him.

It took several seconds for her title to sink in and when it did, instantly all heels stamped in unison as their arms came up to greet her properly while every set of eyes goggled at her feet seeing as she had forgotten to mention that she was not only a High Goddess and therefore on a par with Mo Yuan but she was also the Queen of Qing Qiu and the one who resealed Qing Cang so therefore also known as Gu Gu, the most hightly respected female Goddess in the entire world.

"It is.  I came to finish our meeting.  However, I was unaware that all my brothers were here.  We were about to celebrate, so it is good you are here, we were just discussing the dinner menu......." she almost got out before Mo Yuan quickly took hold of her arm to steer her out from between the group.

"We can finish that meeting right now, I'm sure your brothers can manage without you for a while." he smiled just as brilliantly down at her, but the fierceness of his gaze almost unhinged her, because he never smiled like that and it left her in no doubt that his anger was still raw despite the pleasantries.

"Mo Yuan.  I haven't had the opportunity to catch up with them, and seeing as the wine is already out, I propose we drink and make merry, after all, you have yet to welcomed back properly." she replied just as adamant that she was not moving, and not only did she slip her arm out from his grip, but she took hold of his before gently forcing him towards his seating.

Leaning in towards her head, Mo Yuans smile remained on his face as he allowed her to guide him.  Not normally one to give in so easily, she siffened a little as the warmth of his breath swept across her cheek.

"Go easy on the wine, I have even more to say to you." his voice rasped against her ear and though the smile remained, the anger in his tone forced her own smile to waver.  

"I think you've said enough." she replied tersely back at him before giving him a gentle push up the steps while maintaining the smile only her eyes were as dark as night and for a moment the two held each others gazes, both seeking to remain in control of the situation and though he thought she was in control, her hands were not only sweating but her heart was hammering in her chest.  

She may have been Ice Queen and just as ruthless as what the world assumed her to be, but internally she was scared because she knew that Mo Yuan had far more experience in dealing with women like her, so she was not so naive as to think the tables could turn.  Then again, she had turned up on a whim with no plan in place, but she had never been one to prepare for anything, she liked the unpredictability.  

At that moment,  she knew a battle of wills was in play, and she could well see herself being forced back under him if she so much as gave him an inch.  But then again, she wasn't there to play games.  As far as she was concerned, Mo Yuan was going to be put in his place and it started now.