Little Clues

Pacing about the den and looking as useless as the broom he was holding onto having swept nothing all morning, Mi Gu eyes continuously darted towards the entrance.  He had never met any Demons in his long life so his mind was full heresay and rumours.   Beastly beings who left dark energy everywhere they went.  When they weren't eating little deities like him, he thought to himself.  He was so nervous and ready to run that the moment the Demon Overlord arrived, he was barely able to stand the broom against the wall before fetching Miss Bai.

"He's here Gu Gu." he squeaked at the closed door, only to jump when it flew open and she appeared dressed for the ball in a lavender silk gown and looking far more beautiful than he had ever seen her.

"Then what are you doing here?  Go and let him in." she ordered with a small smile at the gaping face that was raking her dress from top to bottom.

"Uh...... Don't you think that's a little extravagant Gu Gu?" he asked 

"I don't tell you how many leaves to wear Mi Gu, now go and greet my guest." she ordered before brushing past him with a satisfied smile and leaving Mi Gu to rush through the den and out the main entrance in both fear and excitement. 

This had to be the most exciting yet fearful thing ever to happen in all the years he had been with the Foxes.  The only thing that ever got his heart racing too fast was her drunkeness, which always saw him cleaning up the mess behind her.  Though the night before was also a heart slammer, that rage of hers almost stopped his heart.  But he dutifully and as confidently as he could, obeyed the command and made his way out onto the landing.

Though having expected to be met with all manner of beastly beings with horns on their heads and breathing fire and black smoke, he was more than taken aback to be met by just the one man.  An ordinary man.  A beautiful one too he thought to himself as he raised his hands to introduce himself.

Taken aback by the sight of a lone tree sprite, Guotin merely gave the man a short nod of his head.  

"You are the only servant here?" Guotin asked a little stunned while scanning the platform behind him for the rest of the staff.

"Yes Lord Guotin.  I am the only servant."

"Then how do you manage to take care of everything by yourself?" he asked.

"The Foxes do not have a need for servants My Lord.  I am an additional member that serves the family, however they generally do most things for their themselves." he replied to an even wider stare that Guotin barely dragged back in.

Well this is a surprise, he thought to himself having just left a palace filled with all manner of staff and even guards at the borders, a few of whom were silently hovering overhead and out of sight.  In fact, it was a very pleasant surprise.  The way she arrived at his lands with a full retinue of guards and that old Phoenix gave him the impression that she was like most other prominant leaders that lived well and enjoyed her wealth, which meant surrounding herself with all manner of staff.   He even imagined several maids lining the entrance at his arrival, but to be met with no guards and only a mere tree sprite, had him smiling brightly.  This woman was a mystery and one he was looking forward to learning more about.

"Please come in." Mi Gu, interrupted his thoughts with a wave of his hand towards the den while his eyes scanned the distance behind him for anyone else who might be lingering nearby.

"I came alone." he explained with a curt nod, before sweeping confidently up the steps behind him.

In the den itself, it was as exactly as he had heard it was.  Simple and barely adorned.  In fact, it seemed as if this woman preferred the more natural state of things, because much of the interior remained in its natural state.  Large boulders lay where they had fallen, while a little moss grew here and there, though he could see many attempts to keep it at bay.  And other than the hundreds of candles that kept the den pleasantly lit without being too bright, there wasn't really much else to look at other than small seating area where his eyes instantly fell on the lavender gown slowly rising to meet him.