Ice Queen

On a cloud with Feng Jiu and Zhe Yan, Mo Yuan quickly learned to tune out around this little girl.  Her mouth never stopped moving from the moment she left Kunlun Mountain, though she did request permission to return from Zhe Yan to escort Donghua back to the Celestial Heavens once she had shown her face in Qing Qiu.  Though one confused look at Zhe Yan, had Mo Yuan realizing that this too was one more thing he had yet to learn of and it didn't take much of a genius to figure out that the two were in some kind of relationship going by the way she raced back into the Hall to inform him of her return to Qing Qiu.  Di Jun may have given her that well worn blank look that Mo Yuan remembered well, but for a second he thought he'd seen the mans eyes swirl as she turned and ran back towards him.

For a while, he had listened to her chatter.  It seemed as if her Aunt had been keeping herself very busy since sealing Qing Cang back into Bell of East Emperor.  From what he could gather from the somewhat garbled babble coming from the girls mouth as she jumped about on the cloud, Queen Bai Qian was in the process of creating an Army and from what Feng Jiu was suggesting, the Army was not only enormous, but she was making quite a name for herself.  

As the woman who had saved the entire world from that man, she was not only known as The Queen of Qing Qiu, but also Gu Gu.  No woman in his entire life had ever earned that title not even his mother and that soon had the pride rising.  She was most certainly living up to every expectation he'd once had for her.  Only the thought of her running an entire army soon had his mind once again going back to that valley of flowers.

She was never a subtle girl,  no matter what mischief she got up to, she always got caught because she had no idea how to do anything without giving herself away.  Whether it was the soft giggling that erupted moments before a prank, or the way her head would swivel in every direction just moments before she flew off the mountain for the low valleys for a moment of girl time, which is what he used to call it.

Only this time, she had taken a sword with her and being such an unpredictable girl, he was immediately concerned.  Following her into the low valleys where she once again headed straight for the flowers which seemed to be the only place she loved to visit, he once again raised a barrier to watch her.  It had been over five hundred years since he had last seen her frolicking in her true form, and it showed.  She had grown even more beautiful and her dancing had also improved and for a while he watched faschinated with her agility.  The leaps and twirls had become more complex over the years, and because she had grown taller and filled out a little more, he began to see the blossoming of a young girl on the verge of becoming a woman.

Her large doe like eyes were far more expressive and to his mind sparkling as she suddenly came to a halt in the middle of her dance.  Then watching as a brilliant smile broke out across her face moments before she lowered herself into a perfect curtsy, he couldn't help but smile.  Then just as suddenly a sweet shy smile of her own flickered as she coyly side glanced at an invisible suitor she was imagining in her mind.  And it was at that moment that Mo Yuan realized that she was actually of marriagable age and had obviously been dwelling it, because no sooner was she batting her eyelids at her make believe companion, she was once again twirling about in the flowers which she was collecting.

Eventually her dance came to an end when she offered the flowers to whoever it was she was envisioning in her mind only he almost laughed audibly when her face tilted upwards and her lips pursed as if waiting to be kissed.  In many ways, he saw her as the little girl that had arrived on his mountain almost a thousand years earlier, yet it was clearly obvious that her mind was moving into adult thoughts.  He would have dwelled on that a little longer, only the sudden flash of light that hit the valleys moments before she was sent toppling onto her bottom by a flay of silver and blue tails that just as quickly transformed into a young man, almost had him on his feet and ready to attack.