Glass kyssar

what i enjoyed a lot about zach is that i always had his attention.

there was no one who ever came between our friendship.

until recently, that was.

zach had always rejected making friends even if they had pushed like me. but today he sat with a girl named kay. i didn't know much about her but i was confused as to why he let her into his life.

it had to be for a project, perhaps.

i sat on the school steps waiting for zach but when he approached me he seemed to be in a different mood than usual.

"what's wrong, zach?" i questioned, standing up as he stood infront of me.

"i...i don't need you anymore." he looked away from me, off to the side.

"don't need me anymore for what?" i scratched my head confused.

"i don't want you around me anymore. i've got kay. she doesn't like you around."

my eyes began to feel tears brimming.

'was this what true heartbreak was?' i thought to myself.

"but we're soulmates. not you and kay!" inwas panicking. i couldn't lose zach. he was my everything.

or atleast he was becoming that.

"not anymore." zach said still avoiding my gaze

i was glad he wasn't looking because yet again, i was tearing up infront of zach. i moved my curls from my face in a fit of frustration.

"fuck, don't leave me. i told you i loved you." my face felt hot and my knees trembled.

"i can't do this without you!" i yelled, my eyes feeling puffy and left me exhausted.

zach suddenly looked at me because of my random outburst of rage.

"stop crying." he mumbled annoyed.

i didn't listen to him. i told him i was in love with him and he was leaving me.
i was bound to be alone forever and it was his fault.

it was kay's fault.

"fuck, zach please don't do this to me." i pleaded. it was hurting a lot.

"boys don't cry." he said harshly before walking away.

i sat back down on the schools stairs. my eyes began to hurt from the amount of crying i did. the schools bell rang but i didn't move.

i had lost a soulmate. education was the least of my problems.

"are you alright?"

i looked up to see jonah standing in-front of me. he looked a mess. his eyes were red and puffy. his hair was a mess and he wore a hoodie and sweatpants. definitely not jonah attire.

i wanted to tell him i was fine but i couldn't bring myself to it.

"no..not really" i admitted.