50 -- Team Lift

"Come on, this way," said Ada.

She was leading Godric by the hand into statue gallery passage entrance.

"But wait," said Godric with a crooked, confused smile. "Isn't the passage in here?" he was looking at the broken in door covered by plywood.

"This leads to the same place," she said.

"But..."

"I don't like that room," she shot. "I was trapped there once... I don't want to go back in. This one reminds me of freedom, because I escaped through it." She hauled open the door, and stepped in.

Godric didn't follow, and she stuck her head out.

"Come on!"

Durst tore his eyes from the plywood, "Okay, fine."

"What?"

"Thought I turned the light off in that other room... That's all." A streak of yellow spilled out around the plywood.

"You must be mistaken," she murmured.

Already Godric's large face was becoming red, glistening with sweat along his hairline. She frowned, and then made for the empty pedestal where she'd knocked a statue during her flight a week earlier. An occasional pebble of it still lay here and there. Practiced hands hit the switch, and a black crack appeared in the wall with a breath of cold air.

"Is it..." began Godric. He paused before trying again. "Is it as tight as the one from the records room?"

Ada could practically see the fear shining in his eyes. His face was tense, his mouth stiff.

"It doesn't matter. Your eyes will be closed the whole time."

"What?"

"I said I'm going to help you through. Your going to close your eyes and keep them shut until I tell you to open them. You are also going to stand the way I say and walk like that too."

"Okay," he nodded after releasing a terrible, halting breath. "Just please tell me you thought this through?"

"Yes—and you're the one asking! Now move this pedestal," she said, and Godric cautiously stepped over and shoved it aside while she readier herself. A square of dust remained.

"Turn around and close your eyes."

He did it, and Ada opened passage fully. The draft grew stronger, and Durst flinched when this ran through his hair.

"It's only air!" she hissed, before reminding herself to be patient.

"Thought it might've been demonic breath," said Godric with a snide smile.

"Walk to me backwards."

He did, until felt his hard shoulders press into her palms. She leaned right in close to his ear and whispered. "Your going to shut those eyes now and they won't open again until I say? Okay?"

Godric nodded.

"Will we need a blind fold?"

"No.

"You sure?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, okay. Now turn yourself sideways," whispered Ada. "You'll have to walk like this, sidestepping the whole way, but I'll be towing you along."