You crave it

Do you know that feeling when you watch the sunset go down? That you could let all your problems go down with it? That nothing would have to matter anymore. You could just slip, go down with it fall into an endless stream of colors, the sun's peach light embracing you gently, carrying you away.

Open your eyes and you're up there above the clouds, the stars appearing one by one, each telling different stories. That you could reach your hand and just grab one, to admire its beauty. A flawed perfect.

But then the cold nights breeze hits you pulling you in reality, that you are just on a building watching the sky change the side of the endless painting. Your skin starts getting goose bumps that now feel familiar, each time making you shudder with a light twitch, which pushes you even more into the unwanted reality.

You try closing your eyes to go back. Go back to the hidden realm, where you can just fade away with the wind, as your body slowly starts a painless disintegrating process of making you one with it. One more single time to feel the small pleasing adrenaline that washes over your body as all the emotions hit you all at once, but instead of getting released, it stays there

That miraculous feeling that we all crave and wish to feel, a saddened rush of euphoria cursing through your veins, as your breath gets stuck in your throat and your limbs tense, relaxing the second after. Time becomes just a theory and its just you.

When you wish to scream your lungs out and make your arms and legs shake, screaming all thoughts that bottled up inside you.

The moment when you lay in bed and you feel your body getting heavier and heavier and you just sink through it, discarding you of everything. The sizzling pain in your cheek after someone just slapped you, pulling at every cord of your emotions, as if that person was looking for something. However you don't give it to them, even as tears pool in your eyes. Even if every muscles tenses, you don't, you don't give them.

The rush of adrenaline when you look at a person you hate and despise wishing to rip them apart. The heart aches you get when you hear that person laugh or as you look at them or every time they speak.
The feeling when you cant stop laughing, so in the end the laughs become breathless wheezes . The slight tremble when you break for just a second and a tear slips down.

You search for it. I know that. We crave it. The glimmering hope you see in the horizon as the sun disappears, you want to latch onto it. So that all the bad things you did, the ones that haunt you, go away. You want to disappear with it for even just a second. Happy life or not, you do. We all crave it.

So you run after it, you reach out to it, the short breath getting cut, every step its a new feeling and it hits you. And its heavenly, as every muscles twitches, as your body shudders, limbs go limp, eyes go closed, as all emotions mix into one perfect chaos. A flawed ideal.

All those memories made over the years flash in your mind, as a weak laugh escapes your lips. Wind hitting your body, the cold settling in, but with a certain warmness to it. Oh god is it heavenly? It is. And it's the best drug we'll ever feel. All those made up drugs are nothing compared to it, all of them trying to recreate it but wont ever be able to. You don't know what they're like or maybe you do, but you too know that they cannot compare to this. They cannot compare to such feeling. Such euphoria, Such rage. Such flawed perfect.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Then it all goes black and you hate it.

You hate the emptiness that comes after it.
You hate the feeling of the cold making its way into your body...but wait.
.
Was it always this cold?
.
Was it always this dark?
.
Was it always so...peaceful?
.
Oh...
-
That's right.
-
You were on top of building.