6. Why... everything?

Matteo took a loose yet firm grip of her wrist and pulled her from the room. He led her across the hallway and down to the next door. Opening the door, Matteo grumbled "Damn, he was one of my best men" Riley wondered what he was talking about but did not voice it aloud. She had not been hurt yet with the exception of the dirty man grabbing her and she wanted to keep it that way. She walked into new room and stopped when she got to the center. It was the most beautiful room she had ever come across. Matteo had not turned the lights on yet but there was roaring fire on one side that lit up the whole room. the walls were a rich royal blue with a white wooden accents around the room. There was a couch and two arm chairs around a coffee table the was placed in front of the fire. She spotted two white doors on one side of the room which she assumed one to be a bathroom. Without any storage in sight she guessed the other was a closet. The other side of the room was taken over by a massive four poster bed. Even though the frame was white, the wide columns and lack of detail made it masculine and complemented by the little touches of white around the room. The bedding was again the same royal blue that had christened the walls. The Bed, she panicked. Turning back to Matteo she decided it was best not to dwell on the bed and what may be in store for her. 

Riley was met with a concerned look in Matteo's eyes. "Are you ok?" Confused by concern being given by her captor, she just nodded and lowered her head to look at the floor again. "Here" Matteo said leading her to one of the white doors at the side of the door. "Why don't you relax and take a bath. I think it might be a while before Roberto gets back to you" Noticing her frozen stance Matteo roamed the bathroom looking for things as he turned the knob on the tub. He poured a shimmering thick substance from a green glass bottle into the water as it was filling and threw in a Round ball from the wicker basket in the cabinet under the sink. Once the bath was filled and he had checked to make sure the temperature was good, he turned expectantly to Riley "I think..." he turned and left into the room and returned a less than a minute later with a white and black striped flat rectangular box that was wrapped in a black bow.She knew that packaging, she knew that shop, she knew she could never afford to shop there. She still had not moved as Matteo handed her the box. "Look, i will be in the Bedroom waiting for Roberto to come in. I can give a quick knock when he gets back. You can even lock the bathroom door if you want" He left the room and closing the door he made his way to the couch. It would be another couple of minutes before she moved from her spot and the click of the lock could be heard.

Riley tried to relax in the large tub, looking around she knew it was one of those baths that doubled a hot tub. She had been anxiously waiting for the knock to call her back to the room. After an hour she decided it was time to get out as the water was beginning to lose its heat. She stepped into the shower to rid her of the bubbles and to wash. Once she was done she dried herself and assuming that there would not be any lotions or womens products she moved to the box that she had earlier left on the counter by the sink. She slowly pulled on the tab of the bow, a sweat beginning to rise on her brow. What would they make her wear? Expecting some non existing underwear set, she was pleasantly surprised to find royal blue satin night dress. Even though it was not something she would ever choose for herself at least it covered her. She lifted the garment up to her body, relieved at the fact it would at least reach mid thigh. Underneath she found underwear to match at the bottom of the box. Never having been a wearer of thongs, she let out the breath she was holding to find it would cover the most of her with the exception of a small heart shaped cut out near the top at the back. She put on the set feeling the luxury of the satin against her skin. 

Leaving the bathroom she was surprised to find Roberto sitting on the couch facing the fire place with a glass of whiskey in hand, Matteo was nowhere to be seen. "I'm sorry, i could not get there before he touched you. I thought Matteo's men had more respect for their superiors than that" His eyes had not left the fire as he took a sip of whiskey. Frozen to her spot in front of the bathroom door, she stayed quiet not knowing if he wanted a reply. "Come to me" She moved slowly towards the couch stopping at the edge so as not to be so close to him. "Would you like a drink" She shook her head so he continued. "Come here to me" She slowly stepped around the couch and stopped when she at the side of his legs, still standing, head down looking at the floor.  He placed a hand on each of her legs and when he had reached just above the seam of the night dress, he pulled her onto him. Placing her on his lap, straddling him, he then pulled her closer so that she could feel his breath on her face. He placed two fingers under her chin and raised her head. "You will look down to no one, be submissive to no one, only to me. Are you alright?"

Staring into his eyes she felt the familiar stinging of tears trying the escape. Everything had felt so surreal until now. Being the close to him, still gripping her thighs loosely to keep her straddling him, was her breaking point. As her tears fell from her eyes, his hands moved to grip her in a tight embrace and pulling her towards his chest in an effort to comfort her. "It's ok Dolly, I've got you. It will be alright" "why" she whispered. "Why what Dolly?" Still pressed against his chest, tears running down her face, she answered between sobs. "Why would you do this? Why would you want me? Why... everything? Why Dollie?" He moved his hand to her shoulders and guided her into an upright sitting position. He looked at her, taking in the beauty of her. Her massive tear filled hazel eyes looked into his, waiting for answers. He raised his hand and choosing to ignore her reflexive flinch, he hooked a piece of her damp wavy brown hair in to his middle finger and pushed it back behind her ear. Hurt by the obvious fact that she felt he was going to hurt her, he took a deep breathe before he spoke. "Because you're beautiful, you are kind, you are everything I have ever dreamed of. I have never and will never feel for anyone as i do for you." Her eyebrows moved inwards together in confusion and he began to stroke her hair. "I want to protect you, I want to care for you, make sure no one ever hurts you. I want to take away the sadness in the big innocent eyes. You are my Dolly and i will do everything for you from here on out. 

Frozen in fear and dumbfounded as to what to say to him, she just stared into his deep brown eyes. For the first time she studied his face, his big brown eyes sat under thick yet tidy eyebrows. His beard was full but was kept neat and short. His Rosie coloured lips peaked out through his beard which did not hide his sharp jaw bones. Her gaze fell back to his eyes as she waited for him to continue talking. "I have a proposition for you. Stay with me. Be mine... Well I have taken you now so you are not going back. But be with me... willingly, I will give you everything. I will take care of you, you will want for nothing. I will never hurt you and I will make sure no one else will either" She looked at him confused by the fact that her captor, was offering all this. He already had her, she thought. She did not know where she was or what was happening. It was not like she could escape off a boat, that was sailing through... she did not even know where. "I don't understand" she spoke quietly still afraid of the possibility of angering him. "Be with me... willingly and i will take care of everything." "But... home... my family... my friends" He moved his hand to cradle her cheek, relieved by the lack of a flinch this time. "I will look after them Dolly, don't worry, I will make sure nothing will happen to them... all for them" Tears began to spring from her eyes again as she thought of alternative. " but what if i refuse? What if you get bored of me? What if i do something to make you angry?  What will happen to me and them then?"

"Are you refusing?"