1. Just One Night

She looked in the mirror as the straightner released the last few strands of hair. "This will do her". Riley mumbled to herself as she turned off the straightner and grabbed her hand bag off the bed. With one last look in the mirror, she straightened out her midnight blue silk dress. She pulled at the flowy ruffle so it would fall naturally over her left shoulder.The fitted bodice hugged her curves and then flowed out at her hips with the layers of ruffles in the skirt. She rarely had a chance to go out any more. so she enjoyed this chance to dress up, giving her the rare chance to feel pretty. 

She made her way into the hall just in time to hear the familiar jingle of the phone on the wall. The simple white phone had no other use but to inform Riley of her guests awaiting at the front door. Lifting the phone to her right ear she had barely taken a breath before the voice came booming through the phone. "Oi, bitch, Cmon it my birthday let's hit the town". Riley smiled to herself as she thought of her best friend, probably having thrown a few back already, roaring at the intercom. "Walking out the door right now" She hung up the phone and did her usual check list of her bag. "Phone, Keys, Wallet, Lets go. Bed I promise you i will be back soon, Keep my jammies warm" Closing the door on her simple cosy apartment she turned for the staircase, heading down to the front door, where Chloe was waiting not so patiently for her. she tapped her Silver sparkled skyscraper heels on the side walk. Riley gave her the the obligatory once over "you look amazing" as Chloe ran her hands down her dress to smooth out the non existent issues on her blood red body con mini dress. After a quick hug both girls ran through the rain and into the awaiting taxi. 

Chloe gave the taxi driver the directions to the club as she slammed the door of the car, Then turning to Riley started on her usual rant. "It's so good to see you out, Riley i am tired of telling you need to enjoy life more. One week, one whole week, it took me this year. That is the longest it has ever taken me to convince you to come out for my Birthday. Like Riley, i know things are different from when we were younger, but you still need to live your life. You need to do more things that you will regret. In 60 years time we are to be side by side in the ol' fogies home shouting about the time we had a foursome in the club toilets" "erm Clo, wanna tell me about this apparent foursome that we had" Both girls fell to the centre of the car giggling.  "Riley you know what i mean, we are still young but sometimes i swear you forgot yourself in everything that has happened. so at least for tonight  i want you to put yourself first... and maybe we will get to have that foursome in the toilets tonight." A throaty cough from the front of the car reminded them that they were not alone. Riley felt the red heat rise from her neck up her cheeks. "There will be no foursome..." she help up her hand in Chloe's direction "threesome or twosome. Girls night for your birthday." Chloe threw her arms around Riley " Yes my Bitch Lesbians for the night" Riley groaned as she sank back into the seat, the driver sending her a wink through the rear view mirror. Riley loved her friend with all of her heart but if she was drunk already.

Ten minutes later they were entering the club as a little Blonde tackled Riley against the wall with a tight hug and a deafening squel. "Oh MY GOD, SOMEONE HAS SPIKED MY DRINK I AM HALLUCINATING. RILEY IS HERE, ABIGAIL O' REILLY IS OUT ON THE TOWN, MOTHERS LOCK UP YOUR SONS". Riley finally got a chance to take in the little blonde as she took a step back. "No need to shout Zo". She looked down upon the little blonde taking in her black satin short shorts and her green lace corset top. Her Gaze lowered down to her Black and green shoes that matched her top. The black satin bow at the back drawing attention to her toned calf. "Love them" Riley looked up to Zoey giving her her usual evil smirk, Shoes had always been riley's one true love, and as much as she hated to admit it she even had a tendency to judge every one especially men by their shoes.  

Linking arms the three girls headed to the Bar. Saying hello to everyone as they passed, the joys of a small town. Growing up in the small three street town meant that every one knew everyone and their cat. as they approached the Bar the familiar raven haired man leaned over the counter "Ladies what can i do for ye tonight, Well Riley long time no see... Don't tell me its someones birthday, God knows you don't darken this doorstep any other time of the year""Yes its mine... now what did you get me" replied Chloe leaning forward over the bar in a subtle attempt to enhance her chest. "first rounds on me Chloe, but thats it im afraid nothing else" Riley tried to hold in the laughter as memories  of Chloes previous birthday came speeding back. Spending the night trying to flirt with Jack the Club owner and getting nowhere she then attempted to drink the place dry. The result was jack having to carry her home and with no key to enter her house, he woke her parents to ensure she was safe for the remainder of the night. 

"Its never gonna happen Clo, Jack is not interested in you, but the tatas away" Zoey said "The night is young yet my dear" Jack returned with a round of jager Bombs knowing that these were Chloe's Favourite. "All in one girls, good seeing you again Riley" Riley nodded at Jack as he walked away and avoiding the dirty look from chloe she took her drink in one. Riley Turned to take in the club and all inside. She rarely ever came out so didn't see much of the people around, there was a time when she saw most of the people everyday in school but time and life had resulted in Riley putting up walls to keep most out. It was easier than facing the reality and their question that would follow.

Riley felt arms wrapping aroung her waist and couldnot help the stiffening in her body as she froze up with fear. "Long time no see stranger" Recognising the voice she immidiatly relaxed "Stranger.. Liam you accross the hall. We saw eachother a couple of hours ago" "ya but this is another world away, it nice to see you out, give us a hug Neighbour"

Riley wrapped her arms around his neck as Liam tightened his secure hold on her. Riley relaxed in her friends arms as he peered over her shoulder making eye contact with the tall stanger in a three piece suit who raised his glass in a pleased salut.