2. The Man in the Club.

Roberto looked around the club. It was a strange set up. One big rectangular room. A few pillars here and there and in the centre a three step down into a large square dance floor. the entire north facing wall was just one long bar. A cheap set up that was seriously lacking in design and charm. Not like home he thought to himself. Used to the luxary and charm of his social life in New York, this town, this crappy three street town was not up to his taste or standards. Maybe his father was punishing him, making him travel here for work. His father had always let him sit in on meetings and deals at home and then suddenly he was shipped off here to pull off a deal for new business. He knew things were changing in Ireland, not for the best, but best for the family business. His father was right trying to pull of a deal early. They would be good clients and dependable and would want a lot of product.

These new clients wanting to keep a low profile decided on this place using the guise of visiting relatives. Although Matteo and his brother Michael had travelled with him, it was not enough for him to enjoy his trip. After all they had their own business to attend to while here. Roberto's business had finished an hour ago but his father had taught him to never refuse the social side of the deal when invited. This club didn't even have a VIP section, No half naked women rubbing up against him and although the whiskey wasn't bad, there was nothing else in here worth drinking.Thank the lord the Irish knew how to make good whiskey.

He stood watching the crowd in the club, tumbler in hand, when a girl dressed in blue caught his eye. He loved that shade of blue it always caught, always reminded him of his childhood and his little sister. She seemed to be shy and slightly uncomfortable here, her eyes often darting around to keeping an eye on all those around. He turned back towards the table and noticed that his clients Tom and Gavin had gathered a crowd of people to the table. He suddenly felt out of place at the table surrounded by these clients and their friends and family. A few of these seemed to be gathering their own crowd as money and small packages were being exchanged through out the night. Sitting back in his seat "Whos that girl, the one in the blue?" he asked to no one in particular. Tom leaned forward searching, then turning to Roberto said "Damn, i wouldn't mind getting to know her for the night though". Roberto hald his gaze and stared, knowing how intimidating he can be. Only when Tom dropped his gaze back to the table did he look to the rest of the table for answer. A short sandy haired man stood up and leaned towards Roberto. "Oh Jesus that's Riley, ha ha, she's never out. Whats she doing here? Shes a bit of Loner. Not many friends, dosen't go out much. I'm gonna go say hi" As he rose to leave Roberto grabbed a fist full of his cheap black shirt. "No your not. Not yet anyway"and roberto pulled him back down to the seat. Roberto turned to talk to the man when he heard a mocking laugh coming from the opposite side of the table. "Wouldn't bother boy, frigid bitch won't give it up for anyone" He looked over to see a Man with dark hair and with no other way to describe him, pretty boy good looks. "What makes you say that? Speaking from past experience" Roberto Smirked waiting for pretty boys comeback. "Just trying to save you a waste of time, not my type" The Pretty Boy stood knocking his stool to the side saying "come on lads, business hours are closed" and with that half of the table left. The sandy haired man snickered "Least i got sorted before he left. She wouldn't give him the time of day when we were younger. A game of cat and mouse was all it was to him and she wasn't having any of it. Mind you tis a small list that she part of... that boy has had most of the town. I can call her over if you like, don't know if it will make much difference, he has gotten one thing right though. I live across the hall from her in my apartment building and i don't see no men coming or going... unless you count her father or her brothers..." Roberto was losing patience with the man who had as it seemed had already taken a hit of whatever pretty boy had giving him and was rambling like an idiot. "Just go catch up with her... maybe i won't bother wasting my time" Roberto said trying to get rid of him. "Ya sure i will and come say hello if you want, I'm Liam by the way, I like your suit and..." "Liam... Leave""Yup Yup..."

Roberto watched as Liam left mumbling away to himself. Although irritated by Liams rambling He was comforted by one fact. No men in her life. All the more room for him to find a spot.  As Liam approached the brown haired beauty roberto's grip on his glass tightened. As he watched her freeze in fright at he initial touch from Liam, Roberto had this sudden urge to rip the man off her. But that would scare her and he knew it, but he still found it hard to fight this urge to protect and comfort the beauty. He suddenly realised there was a story there that he wanted to learn, he wanted to be the hero of it but most of all he wanted to be apart of the happily ever after of it.  Liam Hugged her and then shot him a quick wink over her shoulder."Time to start being her Hero" he said to himself as he made his way towards the bar to meet his beauty. He knew Liams type, functioning addict was the business term, rambling idiot he referred to it as. Liam was an idiot, an annoying, irritating rambling idiot but still he was harmless. Roberto knew this but still he could use this to his advantage, every girl wants a knight in shining armour. Don't they?