Chapter 6

Everly's POV

I woke up bright and early and surprisingly well-rested. I made my way into the bathroom to shower off the last remaining remnants of sleep. As I didn't know where we would be going today I opted for something nice and casual, picking out a pair of skinny jeans with a white T-shirt and soft leather jacket. It was still chilly season so I paired it with some black suede heel boots.

Heading downstairs I had more energy than I'd had in days. Upon entering the kitchen I found a huge selection of breakfast foods and fresh fruit. This reminded me that I needed to be more thankful to the staff of the house, the food spread was mouthwatering and It wasn't their fault I had been taken away from my home. I collect a plate and pile it up with pancakes and fresh fruit. Rohan entered the kitchen with a mug in his hand and a sullen look on his face. I perked up.

"I'm ready" I state proudly. I was over-excited about finally seeing the outside world again. Rohan stopped mid-sip and turned to look at me in surprise and confusion. It didn't take long for the realization to take over his face.

"Oh fuck me, I completely forgot" I pursed my lips to stop myself from yelling. If I'm going to get out of this house then I need to play nice.

"Should we reschedule?" I ask as I plaster on a fake smile. He walks closer and places his mug on the bench. It's then that I see it's not coffee in his mug as I'd assumed but red thick liquid. Blood. My stomach gurgles and I almost regurgitate the small amount of fruit I've eaten.

"No, we are still going. I've been distracted lately but we need to go today" I look him up and down to get a better look at his outfit. He is wearing tight black jeans and a white untucked, misbuttoned wrinkly shirt.

"You uh don't want to get changed?" Rohan looks at himself and smirks.

"Nope, I know someone who will get a kick out of my well put together outfit today" I eye him suspiciously as I put away my breakfast dish. I no longer have the appetite to finish it after seeing Rohan's breakfast. Rohan follows my movement across the kitchen.

"You didn't eat enough" he observes.

"Well don't you have a keen eye sherlock" I sarcastically shoot back at him He smirks and hands me another plate.

"Eat more. I don't need a human-made out of skin and bones. You'll be useless to me" I scowl at him and put the plate back on the bench.

"Your choice in breakfast made me lose my appetite" I shoot back at him.

"It's not a choice, at least I know how to feed and sustain myself. Now come" He didn't wait for me to reply but turns immediately to walk out of the room. It takes everything in me to not call him out for demanding me around but I decide to pick my battles, I have a feeling there will be a lot of them.

When we step outside I take a deep breath of fresh air. Rohan's excessively big house is surrounding by woods. The smell of earth, tree's and rain is heavenly. I don't get long to enjoy it before Rohan is rushing me into a black tinted out Aston martin. I was pleasantly surprised when he held open the door for me to get in. Is there a gentleman trapped inside this frustrating man?

I can't see any speed signs on our drive but I know most definitely that Rohan is not driving within the speed limit. My fingers are cramped up from the tight grip I've had on the sides of the seats the whole drive. I try to keep mental notes for roads and signs but it's almost impossible.

We quickly pass by a small town the seems quiet but welcoming and then we are entering a long overextending driveway. Rohan stops at a large gate and presses a button. It may be the most advanced security system I've ever seen, with cameras and imposing security guards. The gates swing open and Rohan enters the drive. I can't help my jaw dropping when a gigantic mansion dare I say it's closer to a castle appear in the distance. Set along the guards are multiple buildings appearing to be units, townhouses, and even stables.

"Where in the hell are we?" I say in shock.

"My father's property. Well, the royal family's property" Rohan looks at me with a side glance trying to witness my reaction.

"So you're like a prince or something?" a stupid question at this point but I couldn't gather my thoughts.

"Yes, you are a slave to a prince, feel special?" I roll my eyes and turn away. A royal family. For real. I could feel myself sweating already.

Rohan guides the car away from the main building and pulls up to one of the smaller buildings on the property. The outside had no signage or markings to indicate the purpose of the building. Rohan stopped the car and turned to me.

"I have things to do but they know you are coming so just walk on in there and introduce yourself" I frowned at him. Go in by myself? Anxiety was setting in. Doubtful though that he would bring me here just to screw with me when he could have done that at home.

I leave the car and enter the building. There is a well put together lady sitting at a desk with a computer. She looks up with a smile as I enter.

"Can I help you?" So far so good.

"Hello, my name is Everly. Uh prince Rohan sent me?" The lady frowns slightly but stands up.

"Follow me" I take the opportunity while she is facing away to gawk at how breathtakingly beautiful this woman is, another vampire no doubt. More surprise hits me as I hear the sounds of children. Human children? Vampire children? was there even such a thing?

"The children adore having visitors and I am sure you will be kept busy with introductions for most of the day" We reach the end of a hall and she opens a door. It's then I realize that this is some sort of childcare center. There are toddlers strewn about the room, some playing, some exploring and some immediately turn to look at the door opening. Now I understand why Rohan asked me about children.

My heart warmed at the thought that Rohan had gone out of his way to think of somewhere for me to go that I would enjoy. Children had always held a special place in my heart and I had even planned on being in early childhood education when I left school.

The time flew by as I spent my time meeting the children and being introduced to their play. I couldn't tell if they were human or vampire but I knew for sure their careers were a mix of both.

Before I knew it the lady I had met at the entrance earlier was letting me know there is a car waiting for me to take me to the 'prince'. Everyone referred to him as the prince. Should I? I don't feel super comfortable with that. Oddly enough I had felt his absence today. I had found my mind wandering to him more than once. Did I miss him?

The car that had been waiting for me dropped me off in front of the big estate, leaving me standing with two security guards. One rolled his eyes and ignored me while the other just said "inside, take the staircase up then go down two doors to the left, try not to get lost, stupid human" I scowl at him for the stupid human comment then enter the imposing home.