Chapter 25

ROHAN POV

I hardly slept at all that night. I drifted in and out but I spent most of the night staring at the beautiful angel like creature in my arms. I kept wishing she wouldn't wake up so I didn't have to see her scared face looking at me, scared of me. I let out a sleepy moan and I thought she was waking up but she just turned and and snuggled in closer to my chest. I felt her hot breath on my chest and it ran down my stomach and made me tingle. I almost laughed at myself a vampire getting tingling feelings from a girl. 

I bent my head down and breathed in her scent not her blood scent just her scent. It smelled of a million different flowers but right now it also smelled like dirt. I put my hands into her hair and marveled at how soft it was even though she had been sleeping on the ground. I imagined her awake and smiling and laughing that irresistible laugh of hers. I craved to see that smile and that laugh again but I feared I never would. I zoned back in when I felt warm wetness on my cheeks. A tear was slowly sliding down my cheek. I couldn't even remember the last time I cried. I wiped the tear away and trying my hardest to compose myself before more flowed out of me.

"Rohan" I perked up when I heard her say my name. Was there a chance she had remembered me? I shook her slightly but she was still asleep. I was hopefull but I wasn't going to wake her. Three more hours past by  and she started to stir. She rolled over and mumbled something that even my good vampire hearing ears couldn't pick up. Then she turned back around and opened her eyes. I waited for her to say my name again and then she did something even better, She smiled and then after a few seconds of smiling she screamed and jump back scrambling off the bed.

My face fell from a huge smile to a confused frown and dropped even more to a disappointed face. She hadn't remembered me and now she was awake and she hated me again.

" Crystal It's me please remember you care for me deep down I know you do. I would never ever hurt you"

She stopped backing away and I  got my hopes up again and then she turned around and bolted out the door. I didn't follow her. I would of just scared her more. I went to the room Alec had made his during his stay.

" Go after her if I do she will just be more scared she thinks you human and trust you more than she trust me, Bring her back put her in her room and keep her safe please Alec"

He looked too me from his bed and slowly nodded then went to my room not wanting to see Alec going after the girl that I should be going after.

CRYSTAL POV

I opened my eyes groggily and saw a smiling face I smiled in return. I blinked a couple of times and my vision came back to normal the face unblurred and it was that creature. I screamed and scrambled back as far as I could. He stood up and held his hands up in a sort of a surrender gesture and slowly walked towards me I backed up as far as I could. He was saying something to me in a calm voice something about caring for me or me caring for him, This vamp was absolutely out of his mind I didn't even know him let alone care for him. What I actually felt for him was far from care it was hate if anything. I stopped backing away and stared at him and his mentalness. I noticed he was distracted so I took the opportunity and bolted out the door. I kept running even though I noticed he wasn't coming after me. This time I ran down the road not the forest and kept running. I didn't recognize anything on this road there weren't even any signs. Something grabbed me from behind and I screamed a ear shattering scream that echoed up and the and all around me.

Sick of being scared I stopped screaming balled my fist up and turned around and swung my fist with all my strength. It connected with something hard and cold and it hurt my knuckles but not as much as I thought it would. I guy stumbled back and I kept running. They went to touch me again this time I turned around and jumped on them and just started punching away. I didn't stop punching till I was out of breath. Then I looked at my victims face. It was Alec the human not the vampire guy I thought it was. I got up off of him.

" Whoa I am so sorry Alec I thought you were the vampire douche bag"

He stood up and dusted himself off and wiped his face checking for blood, As if I could actually bring blood with my punches. I gave him a guilty smile and he just shook his head.

" What are you doing coming after me are you trying to escape from the hell house too?"

" What?! No that vamp douche bag which he can be sometimes is my friend even though he hurt you but he does feel really bad" 

I was shocked that he had the guts to call a vampire his friend.

" I'm not going back and If you force me I will hate you too" He looked sad and guilty at that and right when I saw that guilt I knew that he was indeed going to take me back if I liked it or not. I went to push him and start running again but he grabbed my arms and held them tight against my chest then started practically dragging me back to that house I was kicking and screaming and calling him some pretty bad names by the time we got back there I had run out of swear words and I had also run out of energy and will. So when we walked into the house and we were passing the kitchen to go up the stairs.

" Does nobody know how to cook in this whole place?"

He put me down and took my hand and pulled me to the kitchen and sat me down on one of the stool's. 

"Spaghetti or chicken and salad?" I felt my stomach grumble

" Both".