|| Chap. o6 ||

It's been a week and Jai still hasn't woken yet. I can't dare to go see him. the doctors say his physical features are very bad, that he looks frail and weak. I sit on his bed, it still smells like him. My little brother. My twin. Alex walks in.

"Hey babe. How you doing?" She sits beside me. I don't look at her.

"Look Luke, I know you're blaming yourself for Jai ending up like this. But you were just mad. Okay? He knows you didn't mean it." She took my hand. I pulled it away.

"What if he dies Al? I'll never be able to live with myself. It's been a week, they said he'd be awake in a few days. It's been eight days counting today." I picked up his panda hat. He really loves this hat.

"Luke, If you really think Jai is going to die then you must not believe in God. Luke, Jai will survive. He is strong."

"I know he is, but cars falling down cliffs and coma's that could last weeks are stronger."

"Luke you sound like your mother."

Beau came running up the stairs. "Guys, we have to go to the hospital, It's about Jai."

I took the hat and put it on my head took Alex's hand and walked down stairs. No one showed any emotions on their faces.

~At the hospital~

We sat in the waiting room. Waiting for the doctor. He walked in. No one could tell what his facial expression means.

"Hello Brooks family."

"Hello doctor, Williams." My mother's voice was strong, but you could sense fear in it.

"Well, I have good news and bad news."

"good news please." Alex said.

"Well, Jai may be waking up."

We all smiled and cheered.

"But, We have almost lost him twice, his heart beat isn't very strong and he can barely be heard when he talks."

"Lost him?" James asked.

"He nearly died on us twice."

My mother screamed. I felt a pang of sorrow.

"He is awake now. But we cannot let you see him."

"When will he be out of the hospital?" I asked.

"If his heart beat picks up its original pace, Possibly tonight. If not tomorrow morning."

"I can't see him?" my mother asked.

"No ma'am, I'm truly sorry. I have to run a test on his heart beat. I'll be back soon."

He walked away. I got up and followed him ignoring the 'Luke's!' behind me.

I found his room, I saw his body still not moving, through the window. I sat on the bench and watched him. A nurse walked past me and into his room, He tried to look up but turned red and fell back down, he heart isn't strong at all. You could see it. She put a monitor on his chest and he laid still i saw numbers 2bps .5bps 1bps .1bps. Bps is beats per second. I need him to be home tonight.

~3pm. At the hospital.~

I was back in the waiting room staring at the hallway, Jai's doctor had came rushing down the hall way.

"Brooks family! Surprisingly Jai's heart has gotten stronger! He can go home tonight!" We all cried tears of joy. "I'll go and fetch him." The doctor left and two minutes later Jai was walking...slowly behind him. His hands in his pockets, he didn't smile when he saw us. He only frowned. Everyone hugged him, he wouldn't take my hug. It hurt.

"Jai, hug your brother he has been worried sick about you!" My mother instructed.

"No. I'm not Luke's brother. He said it himself. Also, I'm not going 'Home' I've got someone to pick me up waiting outside."

"Jai, don't be silly, come home with your family." Beau said.

Just then one of Jai's friends from school came in to the hospital.

"Jai lets go!"

"Jai no, your coming home with us!"

"Not if Luke's still there."

Jai grabbed his bag that the doctor put on the chair, and followed his friend Mikey out of the hospital.

We went out to the car in silence. We saw Jai pull away he didn't look at us through the window. When we got in th car my mother exploded.

"LUKE BROOKS! WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCK DID YOU TELL YOUR BROTHER?" Everyone looked at me.

"That he was no brother of mine, that he was shit, that he was the reason dad left us, that no one wanted him." It hurt to say those words.

My mother gasped. "Luke YOU need to fix this and bring him home where he belongs! I cannot believe you told those words to your brother and made him try and go kill him self!"

"I know mum."

When we got home I took Beau's hone and called Jai's cell. he didn't answer. Tomorrow I will go to Mikey's and talk to him.

JAI'S POV

I sat in my room at Mikey's house. he was really kind to me about letting me stay. I know I hurt Luke and my family and I remembered everything Luke said, He was sorry. he loved me. But if I'm not at home, Luke won't have to worry about dad not coming home. Even though I'm 17 and have gone my whole life without him, He could still be back for Luke.

Luke won't have to live life with me, his twin that tried to still his girlfriend.

"I love you Luke." I turned out my light and went to bed.