Chapter Sixty Five

Start from the beginning

Elisa grabbed Lex's hand and pulled him back toward the church entrance, "We should do what he says." Elisa sent a puzzled glance toward Midas, "I told you there was something not right with him and now here he is outside Kae's wedding smoldering as if he'd just been set on fire."

Lex watched Midas stand up as Elisa closed the church doors. "We should tell Kae and them," mumbled Lex before he hurried into the church with Elisa behind him.

**

"How is it possible that you recognized me," asked Midas as he rose to his feet. "God knows I didn't recognize you," drawled Midas while he adjusted the collar of his yellow shirt.

Kevin ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, "I didn't recognize you but I could smell your stench from a kilometer away."

Midas ran his fingers through his hair with a smirk. "My stench," gloated Midas. "It wasn't long ago that you and I both smelled the same."

"That was too many years ago to count," frowned Kevin darkly. "I've changed -."

"For the better," asked Midas mockingly.

Kevin rolled his eyes as he looked behind Midas. "It would appear your flunky has arrived."

"Mine," snarled Midas. "What about yours?"

Kevin turned to see Kaelen, Lucas, Anthony and Jacob as they stood at the top of the stairs of the church all with varying confused expressions.

"M-master," whispered the man behind Midas. "I didn't find anyone that would invite either of us to the wedding."

"You've gotten sloppy over the years," chuckled Kevin.

"And you -," smirked Midas obnoxiously, "obviously have gotten lonely as the years passed without Tyrese and Damon." Midas waved his fingers toward the top of the stairs. "Look what you've done to fill the void."

Kevin ignored the comment as he rolled his shoulders, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to make up with my lover and to see the wedding of the century," smiled Midas.

"Then why is he here," asked Kevin as he pointed toward the man behind him.

The unknown man puffed up his chest as he stared at Kevin in contempt. "I am here to kill -!"

"Shut up you nitwit," growled Midas as he waved his hand to silence him.

Kevin sent a wide smile to the man behind Midas, "You came to kill who?"

"The groom," announced the man confidently.

Kevin lips kicked up into a smirk as he asked in a voice laced with disbelief, "You came to kill Kaelen?"

"I did," announced the man arrogantly.

Kevin brought his hand up to cover his mouth and stifle a laugh, "Just who are you?"

"I am Oscar Devonte O'Mallory," announced the man without hesitation. "I am here to kill the man that stole away Xara, Sebastian and Dion."

"Stole away," repeated Kevin wide eyed.

Midas turned to stare angrily at Oscar, "Shut it you moron! You will ruin everything!"

"It's already ruined," drawled Kaelen from the stairs. In the blink of an eye Kaelen stood next to Kevin, "And you've saved me a lot of time." Kaelen's hand shot out and his fingers wrapped around Oscar's neck. "Kevin said he'd give me something awesome," drawled Kaelen as he fingers tightened around the other man's throat. "Who knew he'd give me you," smiled Kaelen devilishly.