Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Forty Six

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Kaelen's Suites

Ruby sashayed around the bedroom before she performed a sultry turn with her arms spread wide and a come-hither smile.  

"Be honest, what do you think," asked Ruby as she smiled triumphantly at Orchid.  "My mom and I spent a lot of Kaelen's royals on this dress."   She placed her hands on her hips and smirked as Orchid looked her up and down.  "I'll be wearing this dress and these shoes* to the party that will officially announce my engagement to the him."  Ruby raised the dress so the black studded ankle books in question could be seen.

Orchid rolled her faked brownish red eyes and waved away the boost, "You are marrying a man that only sees you as a means to keep his seat.  The woman he really wants is in the servants quarters with a room -," Orchid waved a hand at gaudy and overdone room. "A hundred times better."  Orchid rose from the window seat with a wicked smirked and evil glint in her eye.  "What has he done that makes you believe you are special?"  

Orchid laughed humorlessly and waved away Ruby's reply before she could speak. "You boast of spending his royals but has he actually given you access to his accounts?  On Nah'Bye engaged women wear flashy rings given to them by their fiancé," Orchid eyes went to her left hand.  "Where is yours?"  She laughed humorlessly and waved her hand as if she smelled manure, "He hasn't done one damn thing!  He spends his days with Lucas and Jacob and his nights with -."

"Me," gloated Ruby as she raised her hands to her chest and pointed at herself.  "Every night he sleeps in that bed with me."  Ruby pointed toward the large froth like canopy bed in the center of the room.  "Every night," she repeated as she spun in the dangerously high heels.

Orchid looked unconvenieced as she gazed at Ruby.  "You need to watch him more carefully.  He's no better than Lucas or Jacob in choosing women.  They'd rather have a demure cow that they can dominate easily than a real woman." 

Ruby's eyes gleamed with malice as she raised her hand to call forth her handheld.  "I have that chupacabra's suites fully monitored. He goes there has sex with her, speaks a few words and leaves."  Ruby nodded satisfied with herself before you pointed toward herself.   "Now what do you think?"

Orchid looked Ruby up and down before she shook her head with a frown.  "The shoes don't go well with the dress.  Either change the dress or the shoes."

Ruby hands slid over her flat stomach before they slid up and rested of her narrow hips.  "I was told this is the latest fashion."

Orchid eyed the shoes with distaste. "Separately maybe.   Together definitely not."

Ruby stalked back to the closet to change into something more comfortable.  She quickly donned a pair of loose cream colored pants that were tight at the ankle and a tight lime green corset top.   "I'll wear the red shoes my mother and I purchased two days ago."

Orchid face scrunched up as she looked Ruby up and down,  "You are a fool.  While you are talking about dresses and stupid things that woman is endearing herself to him."  Orchid walked slowly to Ruby and cupped her chin.  "You will be no better off than our good friend Patricia.  She's ashamed to show her face on Ah'Taria after what Lucas did to her."

Ruby pulled away and slapped Orchid's hand.  "Patricia was a damn fool to let Lucas get the upper hand like that and then to openly defy him at every turn like she did."  Ruby shook her hand, "Kaelen may sit on the high council and be friends with Lucas and Jacob but he will never be an Ah'Tarian."   Orchid waved her hands at the corset and smirked, "Plus I wouldn't be so stupid as to openly defy him anyway."