Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

Olliyum - Red District

Kaelen,  along with, Lucas and Jacob arrived two hours early for their meeting with a man named Tuesday Davenport.  Bored they decided they'd go explore the shops of the notorious district.  

They'd just entered the third adult only shop when Kaelen's device started to buzz incessantly.  

"You should respond," sighed Jacob as he checked the weight of a set of crystal Venus balls*.   

Kaelen shook his head with a shrug, "It's probably Jael Quin again."

"Are you avoiding her," asked Lucas.  He scratched his head as he stared perplexed a ball of yarn, a pair of cat ears and an adult sized diaper.  "What the hell is this for," pondered Lucas.

Jacob leaned toward him and with great animation m whispered what he'd seen those things used for at a party once. 

Lucas draw dropped and sneer of distaste formed on his lips.  "That's sick."

"I know," shrugged Jacob as he faked a shiver.  "I wish I could unsee it."

Kaelen laughed as they walked out of the shop empty handed.

"Care to tell us why your family keeps messaging you," asked Jacob.   "The Waterloo restaurant is right there."

Jacob and Lucas listened in shock to Kaelen talk about the message he'd received from an upset Ruby about the gossip in the rags.

"And let me get this right," interrupted Lucas as he stared at Kaelen as if he were a moron.  "You told Ruby she could do whatever she liked?"

Kaelen shrugged his shoulders in response.   "She was becoming annoying and I don't feel the need to be bothered with her nagging."  His hazel eyes bored into Lucas's, "Wasn't Patricia the same way?  Didn't you just give in finally?"

"Yes but I never gave her permission to antagonize Kayla," responded Lucas insulted.    "And what about your poor family," inquired Lucas puzzled.

"You told her to do whatever she wanted," pointed out Jacob.  "Now Xara is in the servant's quarters with Bethany and her husband.  What if she tells your parents to leave?"

Kaelen sighed in frustration,  "Why are we discussing this?  Aren't we here to look into a mysterious message sent to the council?"  He looked around the busy restaurant,  "Where is Tuesday Davenport?  Doesn't he supposed to have information for us about it?"

Lucas made a clicking noise with his tongue.   "I wonder if Kayla really knows how much of an ass you are."

Kaelen gave Lucas a blank stare before he shrugged.

"My mom and dad speculated that Laurel trained you to love Kayla before she died.  That has to be it because other than her you seem to not care," nodded Lucas satisfied with his parents conclusion. 

"If it doesn't readily concern her, and maybe Clarence, you just shrug and dismiss it as bothersome." Agreed Jacob.

Kaelen's mouth fell open as he stared into the smug eyes of Lucas.  "That's nonsense."

"So I can tell her," asked Jacob anxiously.  He raised his hand to call for his device.

"Jael Quin beat you to the punch," responded Kaelen with a sad pout.  "Mia sent me a message five minutes ago," he turned his device toward both men.  "It may hurt your eyes to read all the nasty names she called me."

Jacob laughed as he scanned the message from Kayla.   His eyes grew wide and he began to read out loud. "You insensitive ass bastard. Why would you leave Xara at the mercy of that harpy troll?  I hope she gives you an infectious disease with no known cure and your dįck falls off."