I promise

Requested by @CapWidowOO

You yawn loudly, almost dropping the first aid kit in your hand.

"Focus. That could save your life." Her cold voice abruptly stops your yawn and you shut your mouth, tightening your grip on the green box.

"Sorry," you mumble quietly, keeping your head down. Natasha simply huffs in response, ending the small exchange of words. Your knuckle turn white from gripping the box and you gasp as your nails cut into your skin. Her eyes bore into your back, sending shivers down your spine.

"Have you got everything?" she asks, after clearing her throat noisily. You nod, not turning to look at her. "Food? Water? Weapons?"

"I've got everything," you interrupt.

"Well, I don't want a death on my hands," she says coldly, any trace of worry gone. You nod again, a lump building in your throat.

"O-okay." You curse yourself inwardly for stuttering.

"Great. So, i'll just leave you to finish off. Make sure your redraft for tomorrow." She spins on her heel and marches out of the room. A heavy sigh escapes your lips as her figure disappears round a corner and your shoulders slump as you continue to prep the quin-jet.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

You roll around in bed, sticky from sweat. Turning over once again, you throw your covers off and storm to the kitchen, pausing when you hear whispers.

"You shouldn't be so hard on her, you know" Steve says.

"Yeah, I know," Natasha sighs deeply,  "I'm not exactly the best at conveying emotions though."

"Trust me, I'm aware of that." A small smack reaches your ears and you smile subconsciously. "But seriously, the poor girl thinks you hate her and, from what I've seen, its the complete opposite."

Natasha sighs again and drums her fingers on the wooden table-top. "I wish i could just tell her, like, 'Oh hey Y/n, I know I've been really horrible to you but I'm actually, like, head over heels in love with you,so, surprise!'"

You freeze on the spot at her confession. The first thing you feel is guilt; the overwhelming sensation that you shouldn't have heard that and it was wrong that you had. Then the irony, the bitter-sweet irony of the whole situation. And finally surprise. You were surprised she felt that way.

"Wow," you mumble quietly.

Knowing that you definitely wouldn't get any sleep now, you tip-toe back to your room and lie awake in your bed, staring at the faded grey roof that had once been a bright white.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

"If you die, I'm gonna resurrect you and kill you myself." The teasing remark takes you by surprise, almost causing you to drop the first aid box- again. You hadn't expected the redhead to show up before your mission, especially not at this ungodly hour.

You stares at the assassin in shock, quickly closing your mouth as she winces. "I, umm, I" you stutter, unsure how to respond. Flashbacks of last nights- or this mornings- conversation invade your mind, once again filling it with guilt.

She smiles adoringly at you but quickly wipes it off her face as you look up at her. "Good luck Agent," She says formally.

You just nod silently, at a loss for words again. An awkward silence follow and you clear your throat, turning to board the quin-jet. When you look back, all you see is a receding silhouette  framed with vibrant red curls.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

After a gruelling mission, the last thing you wanted was to go to the infirmary but you had a few severe wounds and were bleeding heavily. Settling for a compromise, you take the unfamiliar turns to a private room.

She stares at you blankly as you bury through her, clutching the dripping wound on your side.

"You're bleeding on my carpet," is the first thing she says.

You chuckle lowly and take another step forward. Your legs buckle and and you collapse to the floor, crying out in pain. Natasha is at your side in seconds, hands hovering over you I surely.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," you declare to the carpet, " I'm still not getting up though." She laughs openly, something you had never expierenced before, and carefully rolls you over. Delicately, and way too easily, she picks you up, placing you gently on her bed.

Her soft hands are soon on your leg, applying pressure. You whine as she ends the contact, removing any warmth.

The next sensation you feel is pain, a stinging pain as a needle is slid into your skin.

"Jesus Christ!" You exclaim, "Give me some warning next time. She rolls her eyes, a smirk ghosting over her lips.

"Y/n, I'm going to stab you again." Before you can send a sarcastic glare her way, the needle punctures your skin again, drawing a gasp of pain from your lips.

Through the remainder of the stitching, you keep your lips pressed tightly together and your eyes scrunched up. She whispers occasional sweet nothings in your ear, her voice relaxing you more tan it should.

Once the process is completed, a comfortable silence settles over you as she slides in next to you. Well, it was comfortable- until you remembered the not so comfortable conversation you had overheard.

"Those, those things you said yesterday, did you mean them?" You clear your throat awkwardly, gazing into her blank eyes and waiting for a response.

"I'm sorry, but youre gonna have to be a bit more specific than yesterday." You chuckle, slightly annoyed you hadnt thought of that.

"Middle of the night, to Steve." She flushes red and tears her eyes away from yours.

"You head that?" You nod she sheepishly and look down, your cheeks turning pink.

She swallows loudly before gently lifting up your chin. She meets your gaze with her loving one, cupping your flushed cheeks.

"I definitely meant it," She breathes out Within seconds, her lips are on yours, pressing forcefully.

"I'm sorry for being, well, horrible to you," She apologises guiltily, after pulling away.

"Please promise me you wont do that again," you whisper softly.

"I wont," she reassures, pulling you close to her, "I promise."

A/n

Thank you soooo much for the request. The other requests ill hopefully be up soon.

Please leave requests

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee