Villainised Victim (1)

You sit on the cold, hard floor, knee tucked under your chin, staring at the grey wall in front of you. The agents outside hadnt taken their eyes of you since you had arrived and you were completely aware of this, in fact it was the only reason you weren't sobbing. You had to appear strong in front of them. Even so, you couldnt stop the occasional shake running through your body.

Your eyes jumped nervously to the door when it vclanged open. In the doorway stood a redhead with green eyes. You knew her, it was Natasha Romanoff, the woman who had captured you. She walks towards you and you frantically scramble backwards. She looks at you with an eyebrow raised and you knew that, if this was a trick, she would not have fallen for it.

You feel your back hit the cold wall behind you and you press yourself into it, trying to disappear. She continues to get closer until she is right in front of you. She squats down so that her face is right is next to yours.

She raises her arm to her head and you flinch violently, thinking she's going to hit you. You bury your head in your knees to protect it from the coming blow. It never comes.

You slowly lift your head up see Natasha frozen in place, her hand on a strand of hair she had just tucked behind her ear.

You look down in shame and mumble a quiet "I'm sorry ma'am."

She stands up slowly and walks out, gently shutting the door behind her.

Natasha's POV

After what she had just witnessed, Natasha was convinced this girl was not a villain, but instead a victim. Sure, she was the daughter of the most wanted man alive, but the reaction she had gotten then had been instinctive, not forced or acted. This girl was hiding secrets just not the secrets they had expected.

Natasha heads straight to Fury's office. She walks in, not bothering to knock.

"Fury, you know the girl i brought in today"

"Yeah, y/n, what about her?"

"I don't think she's an enemy, I think she's a victim. She flinched like i was gonna hit her when i raised my hands and, before you ask, No, it was not an act. The pain and terror in her eyes, it was definitely real."

Fury just nodded, trusting her judgment.

"I want to move her out of the cell and into her own room. I don't think she'll run, i think she's to scared to. She's been through too much to interrogate her now. I'll do it once she isn't terrified of me."

"Well then, we better get started." Fury claps his hands.

"One last thing Fury. I don't want any normal agents on this. She to sensitive and they'll just hurt her. I'll deal with her, maybe I'll get Clint to help."

Fury nods in agreement. "Done, done and done. Now move her to any room you want"

Natasha dips her head in thanks and walks out.

Your POV

The cell door opens again, much more gently than before, after about 20 minutes. Natasha walks in and you hear her tell the guards to leave. You frown at this.

She walks up to you slowly. "Hey y/n, we're gonna change the room your in ok?"

You just nod and hold your hands out to be cuffed. She gently pushes your hands down and smiles encouragingly. You smile back, weakly. Her smile grows at this which makes you think that you could trust her with time.

She helps you up and you follow her out the cell. You follow her through a maze of corridors and hallways. You finally stop outside a door and she pushes it open. She motions for you to go inside so, hgesitantly, you do so. Inside is a double bed, a closet, a door leading to a small bathroom and a little desk. It is very plan but you prefer it this way and, somehow, you thought she knew that.