Second Time

CRASH

You are woken from your peaceful sleep by the sound of glass breaking. You sit up slowly and rub your eyes. You check the time, 11:23pm.

After a few minutes of silence you start to think that you just dreamt it. Then a sob cuts through the silence and you know you're awake.

You shoot out of bed and grab a jumper. You throw it over you shoulders and quietly head to the room next door.

You knock on the door cautiously. It opens a small way and, poking through the gap, stands a woman with green puffy eyes, red from crying, and ginger hair. She a sweater on and it is zipped up right to her chin. Her arms are wrapped around her waist, hugging herself tightly.

"Are you ok, I heard glass shatter." You whisper.

She nods her head. "Yeah nothing happened. You must be hearing things, maybe it was the wind. Yeah, it must have been the wind."

Before you can say anything else she shuts the door in your face and you her lock it. You trudge back to your room, confused.

Lying on your bed, in the darkness, you think about the woman. You felt like you had to do something, help her in some way, but you didn't want to intrude as you didn't know the whole picture.

You roll over and shut your eyes trying to sleep. This proves impossible though and you stand up, heading back to her room.

You stand outside her room and pause for a minute, thinking about what you would say. You hear glass shatter again and quickly knock on the door.

She opens up the door and you see she is still wearing the sweater zipped up to her chin.

"Look, I know you said it was nothing but I heard it again."

She looks at you, an unreadable expression on her face.

"I think your ears are playing tricks on you. Thanks for caring though thats nice of you. I wish I could tell you about the noise but I didn't hear a thing. It must have been the wind again." She says, unconvincingly.

She goes to shut the door but you put your foot in the way.

"Look, I promise I heard something, I'm not playing tricks on you. Why don't you come over to my flat next door and you can stay a while. We can talk about the noise when you're ready but until then I'll just say it must have been the wind." You say.

She sighs, knowing that you're not going to leave, and nods her head in agreement. She follows you to your flat and you sit on the bed awkwardly.

"So, What's your name?" You ask suddenly.

She jumps a bit and you giggle. The noise seems to make her relax slightly. "Natasha. Natasha Romanoff. You?"

"Y/n Y/l/n. Favourite colour?"

And the night goes on like this. You would ask each other questions and then both answer them. It was like 21 questions but 100 questions instead.

In the morning neither of you had gotten an inch of sleep, but you both knew almost everything about the other.

Of course, eventually, you ended up watching Netflix. After a long discussion you settled on Divergent.

Nat soon fell asleep, her head resting on your shoulder. You smiled at the sight and ran your hand through her hair. She rolls over so that her face is pressed into your chest and wraps her arms around your waist.

You fall asleep soon after and when you wake up in the morning, you are in the exact same position.

You notice that she isn't awake and sit as still as you can. You think about what could have happened to her and why she wouldn't tell you.

Whatever it was, you were glad that you had gone back to her door a second time.

A/n

So this one is slightly based of the song Must Have Been The Wind by Alec Benjamin. It's a beautiful song listen to it.

Also does anyone else love Divergent. No just me? Ok?

Please leave requests

Thank youuu

Byeeeee