Embarrassed

"Hellooooooo dipshits" you scream as you walk into the main room.

The team, who had all been solely occupied by whatever they were doing, all jumped up and glares at you. You notice Natasha and your face quickly turns red.

"I, um, morning" you mutter, now utterly embarrassed.

Clint snickers, knowing full well the source of your embarrassment. You just keep you head down and walk out, completely forgetting to grab the food you came down here to get. To make things worse, due to your eyes being fixed on the floor, you crash into the wall on your way out, earning everyone's attention.

You feel as though your entire body is red and you dash out of the room, desperate to escape their teasing gaze. Scurrying back to your room, a loud sighs passes from your lips and your shoulders sag.

You just had look stupid, didn't you?

The next day, it only gets worse. You are all outside on the terrace, getting a bit of sun, and you suddenly get thirsty. So, like a normal person, you head inside to refill your empty glass.

You encounter your first problem at the door, the glass door. You walk straight into it, leaving a slight dent in it. Choosing not to turn around and look at the others, you slide the door open and continue inside towards the tap, closing it behind you. Problem number two.

The tap is one of those taps that extends out and stretches. So, when you turn it on, not noticing that it is facing upwards lying in the sink, the water shoots straight into your face. Scrambling around to turn it off, you manage to stop the flow of water, leaving you a spluttering mess.

Now bright red, you pick up the tap and point it at your glass. Once it's full, you turn around and carefully carry it back out, watching it all the way. Because your eyes were trained on the drink, you forgot about the glass door and, once again, crash into it- spilling your drink all over yourself, dropping the glass on the floor, cracking it, and falling on your back.

You lie still, unable to comprehend just how stupid you were. The laughter from the others slowly filters through your confused brain and you start to hear it. Everything gets ten times worse when a redheaded, green eyed woman peers down at you, saying something.

She snaps her fingers and you jerk upright, smacking your forehead against a her. You promptly fall back down again and hit the back of your head against the concrete. Wanting to sink into the ground, you roll over and army crawl out the room, slowly pulling yourself up onto you feet.

Why was everything going wrong?

A group outing was formed and you already knew something was going to go wrong. But, nevertheless, you dress up- wearing jeans, a T-shirt and a new leather jacket- and mentally prepare yourself.

Your walk down, which only starts your reign of embarrassment. Everyone smirks at you as you finally appear and you just look down and brush past them, heading to the door.

You grab the handle and pull on it slightly, increasing the force when it doesn't move. It's still won't budge and you put both hands on it and pull as hard as you can. The door doesn't move an inch, however you go flying backwards and crash on the ground. From your position on the floor, you can see Tony walk up and casually push the door open, not sparing you a second glance.

Natasha walks over, a smirk on her face, and helps you up. You want to bury your face in her shoulder and cry, but you don't think that would help much. So you steel your nerves and walk confidently towards the door, only to trip over your own feet and crash to the floor, again.

So there you are, once again, lying on the floor, hoping to disappear into thin air, when Tony casually walks up and raises an eyebrow.

"You left the tag on your jacket" He smirks and wanders off.

It was the last straw for you. Tears threaten to fall from you face and you burst upright, sprinting upstairs and dashing into your room, slamming the door behind you. You throw yourself onto your bed and bury your face in the pillows, tears leaving wet spots on it.

"Why do I have to keep embarrassing myself? Why? Why? Why?"

"I think it's cute."

"It's not cute and she certainly doesn't think it is"

"Yes she does"

"Oh yeah, and how the hell would you know? You're only a fucking voice in my head."

"Because I am very much a real person and, if my thinking is correct, I am this 'she"

You turn around, horrified, to find Natasha standing in the doorway, one eyebrow raised.

"I, uh, well"

You shoot off your bed and take a wide arc around her, heading for your door. Still facing her, you continue to mumble as you reach the doorway.

"This may not be the best time, but I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?"

Her words reach your brain and you stare at her, mouth gaping open. This continues for another minute or two until finally, you just turn on your heel and sprint out of the room, leaving a very confused Natasha behind you.

You stop running when you reach a corner that you can hide in. After collecting your thoughts, you decide that you should probably go back and find Natasha.

So you head back to your room and take a few deep breathes, before pushing open the door to find Natasha, with her lips pressed against Bucky's.

She pulls away when you walk in and stares at you, taking in the hurt and betrayal in your eyes.

"No wait, Y/n. This isn't what it looks like."

"What is is then" you snap, running out of patience. "Because you just asked me on a date, and then I walk in to find you making out with someone else!"

Natasha sighs, before taking a deep breath and explaining. "He kissed me. I was about to tell him that I didn't like him and that I liked you instead, when you walked in. I'm so sorry Y/n"

You stare at her, feeling your cheeks heat up. You had just overreacted and been stupid, again.

"Sorry" you mumble feebly.

She shakes her head and puts a hand gently on your shoulder.

"It's ok. It was my fault. I should have stopped him from kissing me." She pauses. "Now, about that date?" She finishes hopefully.

You nod happily. "I can't wait."

She smirks. "How about ice-skating. I think you'd be really good at that?"

A/n

And another one, woohoo. I was literally cringing writing this. I would be soooooo embarrassed. I don't know what I would do. Probably crawl into a corner and hide from the world. Yay.

Also, I know that, like, the terrace doesn't really fit in, but just go with.

Please leave requests, either in the comments or via private message

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee