"So I guess I should start from the beginning."
"Actually no need, I know quite a bit. I know about Alpha's, Beta's, the pack, your history etc. sure I thought it was all made up gibberish when I listened to Dave rant about the books he was reading but now i'm starting to believe it."
"You know?"
"Yeah. The alpha is the leader, they are possessive. A beta is the Alpha's right hand man, if the Alpha is ever absent then the Beta is in charge. Rogues are wolves who have well, gone rogue. A pack is a group of yo-"
"Ok I get it, you know about us." He still seemed nervous. He scratched the back of his head.

I had justified the words I had heard them use. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, the first three letters from the greek alphabet. Alpha is associated with power and dominance. It made sense to use it as ranking in what I believed to be a well educated gang.

"What are you not telling me?" He looked at me surprised.
"Uh err well, do you know what a mate is?"
"As in 'alright mate how's it going'?" He chuckled.
"No not quite. A mate is a soul-mate. To werewolves it's a pretty big deal. It is said the moon goddess creates a perfect match for every werewolf. They balance each other out, fit in every way. Finding your mate is the best thing in the world. It's all people talk about. Your wolf will let you know when your mate is near. They will have a unique scent, it is the best thing you will ever smell. It's like a drug and you're addicted. Your mate is the only one who can calm you down, they are the only one who truly understands you, they are the only one who can get you hot and bothered. Without your mate you're incomplete."
"Why are you telling me this?" He put his hands on my arm.
"Do you feel that? The tingles." I nodded.
"This only happens when you touch your mate, Alex you're my mate."

I didn't know how to react. Should I be happy? Should I be running for the hill? Will I learn to love him? Does he love me?

"So this is why you kidnapped me?"
"Well in my defence it wasn't my plan to kidnap you but then you passed out. I couldn't just leave you so I brought you back to my house. I knew once I had you in my house I couldn't let you go. It just wasn't an option. I actually had a plan to slowly integrate myself into your life and ask you out like normal people do ."
I smiled and chuckled at his little plan but then he spoke again
"Something happened about three months ago" I froze. Did he know? He couldn't know could he?

"I don't know what it was but my wolf and I went into a downward spiral. My behaviour changed for the worse. I would go out and drink most nights. When I was sober I spent all my time in the gym. My pack stayed away from me. But it all changed. Everything changed the day I met you. I finally feel like myself again. I know this is a lot to take in, I just ask you to give me a chance. Please don't reject me."

So this is what Bonnie meant.
"You know you sound like a girl." He just laughed.
"Yeah I know but it was worth a try."
"So i'm your mate?"
"Yes"
"and you're an Alpha?"
"Yes Alpha of the Blue Moon pack"
"so that makes me Luna?"
"Yes it does."

"So what do you think?"
"Well I think we should go back to the house. It looks like i'm going to be sticking around for a while so you need to know a few things about me, you all do."

He looked like a child at christmas. I guess that was because I wasn't rejecting him. I wonder how he'll feel after he knows everything.

I guess I have taken the news so well because nothing shocks me any more. After witnessing groups strap bombs to children no older than 7, nothing comes as a surprise. It's because if you were surprised then you were dead, simple as that.

On the way back to the pack house Luke explained that's why he's so touchy feely, Why he wants me close at all times. I knew Alpha's were meant to be possessive but this was a hell of a lot more than I was expecting. Even though he did give me a speech about how it was because I was so important to the pack and to him. Bullshit. I don't mind though. Between you and me, possessive and protective guys really turn me on.