The Loveland Couple

Start from the beginning

"Val.",she told the other girl. "I will tell you everything after our first class. It's History .For now, just know I just went for a little trip the last week to clear my mind. I lost my phone on the way and didn't remember your numbers so couldn't inform you."

"Okay.",Valentina had that look in her face that conveyed she didn't buy it. "Let's go."

.

Adrian put the third book down, frustated now. He just couldn't believe it.

Is this the crap they write about us supernaturals?

Damn these human authors!

He wondered why would vampires hate werewolves. The idea seemed ridiculous. He himself had few friends of that kind. Werewolves and vampires had always have been respectful and tolerant towards one another and maintained an alliance. The only difference was they lived among humans whereas the vampires had isolated themselves from the world.

Did Melissa really read this kind of nonsense? That explained her eyes as big as saucers whenever he told her anything about his world. He imagined her laughing when he would tell her about this. Her beautiful dimples adorning her face. He wanted her to have the best day.

What was college like? He could bet she loved studying and reading by the amount of books in her shelves. She wrote a lot too.

He was rudely interrupted when there was a knock on the door.

.

"What are YOU doing in my house, you big handsome fella? Out!"

"Oh dear!",the old lady had her hand on her heart. "Why didn't I think of this before!"

"You're her boyfriend, aren't you?"

"What?",he gaped. "No, no no,No! Ma'am you are thoroughly mistaken. It's not what you're thinking."

"You know perfectly well what I am thinking!",she hushed him. "Don't be shy with me now, boy! I am old enough to be your mother!"

Only difference she never ages.

Adrian smirked at the thought.

"Now, now boy, wipe that smirk off your face.",she glared at him. "I didn't cross sixty yet that was just to make you comfortable. Incase you're wondering I am Mrs.Elizabeth Gordon , your Landlady."

"Isn't this Melissa's house?",he asked confused.

"She stays here but it belongs to me and my husband .",she chuckled. "She is such a sweet girl, our Melissa, really finds happiness and love everywhere she goes."

And trouble too

Adrian thought smiling otherwise agreeing to whatever she said.

He found the antics of the humans really odd. Why would a decent person want to lend his home for money? For Findarans , the place they stayed was so much more than just a commodity. It was a place that carried the legacy of that family for generations and were never replaced with new ones.