The Loveland Couple

"And then..

"I will put the microwave off after ten minutes.",Adrian completed not letting her finish as she cast him a sceptical look.

He sighed pressing her shoulders comfortingly with his hands.

"I will survive , I promise."

"You will?",she challenged playfully .

Adrian rolled his eyes. "Lissa, this is your first day in college. I don't want you to worry about me . I'll be fine in your apartment."

She frowned as he added not before chuckling.

"Yes of course and I will eat properly."

" I better get going then.",she smiled and kissed his cheek.

If vampires could blush Adrian would be something now that resembled a tomato. He wasn't sure if he should give her a hug.

Melissa felt her face burning and wondered why she even did that.

"Good luck.",he rubbed his neck awkwardly as she waved him bye.

.

The halls were dressed in black and white and the tiles like a checker board with humans as the pieces. Melissa Davis this was where her actions had lead up to and there was no going back now.

Model worthy girls giggling and perched on the tables with exotic gossips. Tall jocks in their jersey parading their toned muscles. Laughter rings from every corner here while the geeks and nerds sit in one corner staring at laptop screens with massive headphones and books. This is where she could fit in.

Everything pretty much resembled high school.

"Melissa!",Valentina almost screamed in excitement spotting her friend as she entered through the gate. "Girl, Is that really you?"

"I guess I am the one and only.",her friend laughed but had to shift due to the sudden weight and Valentina pulled her in a rib cracking hug.

"I have been so worried, Mel.".Valentina said in her concerned voice. "I tried to contact you so many times the last week. Your phone was off. I mean you just disappeared from the face of earth!",she threw her hands. "You stopped coming to work after that strange customer. My shift had been over by then but do you know what happened?"

"What is it, Val?",Melissa was definitely curious now.

"Rumours had it coming that he was your ex after everyone heard you both shouting and Mel!",Valentina cried. "They found his body a few kilometres away from our restaurant. It is suspected to be an accident case but the damaged arteries indicates something otherwise."

"This just didn't happen .",Melissa pretended to be in shock when she felt her flesh crawling.

"But it did.",Valentina replied. "Really weird. You should be grateful to Erik that he didn't tell the police about your argument before the man was murdered. We do trust you ,Mel. But you gotta tell us everything, alright?"

Erik was the owner of her restaurant where she and Valentina had worked and he was a friendly man in his thirties . Melissa could not thank her boss enough for being considerate to avoid this controversy in her name.