Chapter 1 - Heart Made Of Glass My Mind Of Stone

Chapter 1
- Heart Made of  Glass  My Mind of Stone

The dark room was like a place out of time,a place to rest without consequence.The darkness in that way was a sanctuary,a place to recharge and forget things the world had said to be done. It wasn't that he had forgotten them or he would ever but isolation helped at times. It helped him to escape accusations,criticism,sympathy and judgements. Everything that came as a free reward to him for the last twelve years. Only a dimly lit candle stood on the basin as the dark red wax melted creating a pool of it touching the porcelain coloured marble walls.

 Only a dimly lit candle stood on the basin as the dark red wax melted creating a pool of it touching the porcelain coloured marble walls

Adrian looked at the young man staring at him on the mirror

Adrian looked at the young man staring at him on the mirror. Those caramel orbs conveyed anger and tiredness as he remembered the events which occurred today morning.With his jawline perfect and sharp light facial hair covered the lower half of his face giving him a rebellious look. A thin black scar that ran down his forehead till his eyebrows, a constant reminder of the fiasco that changed his life twelve years ago.

Twelve years ago he had lost the person he loved the most in this planet.

He had lost Iryne ,his sister.

This scar made by a fatal silver dagger couldn't be removed by magic. That dark mark had been officially made by Serena which made him the cursed soul permanently. Because a dark mark had the potential to ruin a vampire's life and powers.

After his parents had reached they had been shocked to death after seeing the lifeless body of their beloved daughter. Adrian could never forget the look on Aura's face. The moment her eyes had fallen on Iryne her grey eyes so full of warmth and love looked like somebody had snatched away all the life's meaning from her and goodness. The murderers had escaped. And all in that semi conscious state he remembered her collapsing on the snow and his father trying to console his wife ,himself crying and whispering in his ears, "Adrian you're going to be okay,son."

After continuous treatment he had woke up after a whole year only to find out his powers would never be the same again but be destructive . For the first few years ,his father didn't lose hope and tried to find the best possible trainers from all over Findara to help his son out. The first time he tried to use the power of elevation Iryne so much adored,it had ended up with an entire wing of palace shattered completely by the impact of a concrete wall he had lifted. He had no control over his powers like they had on him. The trainers were disappointed and even more upset was his father. Each one of them were fired when everytime he failed.