Prologue

The night had fallen fast upon the land. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red ,orange and pink,but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon. The trails were left on the virgin snow of winter boots as the moonlight glistened on them .

Other than the darkness and the two young Marsdens all that seemed to exist was the chilly wind that blew harshly against the tall fir trees swishing through their long needle like leaves. But for the Marsdens ,they remained unaffected with the temperature below minus thirty degrees Celcius. which could make one average human freeze to death.

That could mean only one possible thing right?

They were not humans

But the heirs of the most powerful kingdom of Findara.

Their kind was known to withstand any temperature and getting cold was never really the option because they never had blood in their bodies which made them warm. But it was only blood which made them thirsty.

Vampires

Blood drinkers

That they were ,it gave them perks, be it the rock hard strength , supreme agility and never age factor as well as looks to die for.

They ran around the snow with Iryne Marsden giggling playfully at her brother wearing a purple dress with a beautiful sash. She had silver grey eyes with sunshine blonde hair that was tied in two neat plaits.

"Didn't I tell you it will be fun?",Adrian laughed as he escaped the tiny snow ball his sister threw at him.

He had chocolate brown hair with the most mesmerising pair of caramel eyes that made you warm immediately once he smiled at you. He was pale complexioned just like the other vampires and equally sharp featured. Eight years old he looked like an average sixteen year old adolescent human. Vampires grew really fast than normal human being till a certain age where they looked like an adult man or woman and finally becoming stagnant and immortal. Similarly Iryne was actually four year old that actually made her look like she was between 10 to 12 years.

Adrian brought his hand upwards and flexed his fingers towards the direction of the poles that stood tall on the snow as a series of green bright lights dazzled the place wiping away the darkness.Being a teenage vampire he didn't have much access to power but only the basics by his teachers of the council which he had excelled really well.

"It is amazing Ady!",she squealed in delight after hugging him. "I never knew darkness could be so beautiful and the snow,oh heavens ! It's just perfect. Can we play with it?"

"Of course we can,silly!" ,Adrian grinned. "But I guess someone who's name I won't mention said something about being scared of the dark."

"I could never be scared with you around,I know you will protect me.",she just smiled.

Something tugged the young vampire prince's heart and he vowed to himself he would always protect Iryne with all his heart and life.

"Wanna see something? The council recently permitted  Lord James  to teach me and Zach this. As you know Zach is far more skilled than I'm so let's practice to make me perfect.",he suggested as Iryne stared at him confusedly till her eyes lit up in excitement as she understood what Adrian was upto.

Adrian glanced at a big chunk of snow deposited on a rock, he tried to concentrate hard shutting his eyes as slowly tiny bits of snow rose high up in the air as he lifted his brows. He started moving  the tiny bits of snow using all his willpower.