Chapter 6- The Judgment

Chapter 6 - T H E J U D G E M E N T

" If you will be kind enough to show us your scar , Prince Adrian ?", The Keeper stated .

Adrian's mind was racing. He tried to stop the feeling gripping the large stands . It was probably the dumbest of ideas to have a panic attack here. It never failed to bring an effect on him whenever someone wanted to see his scar.Everyone was watching his slightest of movements,it suddenly made him feel conscious.

It was his scar that made him so vulnerable and weak. His uncle knowing the fact had played it well. The thirty year old Marsden shifted the brown hair falling on his forehead as the dark mark came in to the view of clear daylight.

A collective of gasps were released by the other vampires as they saw the mark by a fatal silver dagger that could scarr them for lives destroying the unique powers they possessed.

' I believe the Prince was triggered.", Ivan said mockingly. "And now this is why we have another death."

" I didn't lose control.", Adrian growled. " Nor did I crave for blood ."

" It was me!", Zach yelled to get everyone's attention back to him. " I was thirsty and it was me who killed that human."

" And Prince Zach was your responsibility.",The Keeper spoke ignoring the other prince's presence in the room. " He is not thirty yet so according to the law it was your duty Prince Adrian to protect an underage and also stop him from committing something so heinous like this. Unfortunately you have failed there."

Daniel tried his best to think of some way to object this but he knew there was no questioning of the law. From the council's perspective they were not being unfair but just following it blindly. He looked at the direction of his son attempting to read his mind. He did not want Adrian to take a rash regrettable decision in haste

Much to the king's disappointment ,his son had blocked him. For a brief moment the prince faced his father his eyes clear and emotionless before looking away. Daniel observed there was no panic,grief or urgency in those brown eyes so much like his own. He remembered Aura's words that Adrian reminded her of a younger version of Daniel. Sad, forlorn yet trying to fight the world with a brave face.

He was proud of his son for having a strong sense of morals..he was proud that Adrian never demanded any sympathy and that he had always kept his head raised high with pride and dignity.

There were so many things Daniel wanted to tell his boy but couldn't. He had never been the one good with words and was probably the worst person to think of a praise or compliment for anyone he loved.

Adrian

Daniel linked as he caught a slight movement on his tough jawline.

You don't need to respond ,it's fine.

Adrian's grip on the stand tightened.

I know what it's like to smile when your entire world is crumbling. You have us to support you through anything,son. We will figure it out together.

Daniel was happy as he saw Adrian's shoulders sagging in relief like a heavy burden was lifted from them.

Now his son knew that he and Aura would be there for him.

" Ridiculous!", Zach cursed breaking their moment. " I am almost thirty. My birthday is coming up in the next month itself. Secondly I am not a child anymore , I can take my own decisions and nobody has to watch them for me."

"Almost.",Ivan smirked. " Not yet. The law is equal for everyone,my boy."

" You foul..man.",his son spat openly. " First you charge someone with the accusation of murder, then you say he got triggered by the dark mark and now that you find the Council has opted a different notion against him you are using it too. Aren't you a little too desperate, Father ?"