| Chapter IV | little obsession

After Jerome's little stunt he joined Sionis' gang

After Jerome's little stunt he joined Sionis' gang. Reine couldn't help, but to be intrigued by him. The way he'd run into her even when there would be no way he needed to go near were she was. The way he'd get on Sionis' nerve. How he'd stare at her during meal and break times until she noticed him. She hated him, but was also captivated by him. 

"- What about you Reine?"

Odette's voice brought Reine back from her thoughts.

"What?"

"Father is sending us his gift box soon. I asked for more books and cardigans. Joan asked for more cassettes and pencils. What would you like to get?" 

"A first row seat to his death."

"Reine.",  Joan condemned her sister.

"What? I don't care about his stupid boxes, you know he only gets me something because of you."

"How about some more nail polish?" Odette innocently asked.

"Sure, nail polish would be lovely?", she yawned in boredom.

"Oh, maybe I should ask him for some crosswords puzzles."

Reine laid her head on palm, completely bored of this conversation. Their plainness is a number one reason why she didn't spend that much time with them. She started drifting off again. Then, over all this dullness, she got an idea. She stood up and strutted over to Sionis' gang.

"Hello boys."

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Reine."

"Always the charmer Sionis.", she sat on top of the table next to Jerome's chair, "Just came here to see how you're doing Gingerbread man? You're pretty face is almost back to how it was.", she leaned over to his ear, "Between you and me, scars make you look way hotter."

She jumped off the table and flounced back to her seat. 

"What was all that about?", Odette asked.

"Bored.", she said with a pout. She looked back at Jerome and bit her lip.

Joan rolled her eyes.

The next day, after her session with her new psychiatrist, she found Jerome waiting for her. 

"Stalking me, really gingerbread?"

"Don't be so full of yourself doll. I came for my appointment with the shrink."

"Normally orderlies escort you to your shrink. Also I know for a fact Erickson isn't your doctor."

"Now who's stalking who?"

"Don't flatter yourself, I saw his list of patients on his desk. Now I could call the orderlies on you or we ditch whatever is next on the schedule."

"Are you asking me on a date?"

Reine opened her mouth about yell for the guards, Jerome quickly put his hand over her mouth. They walked away, and wandered around the halls of the asylum aimlessly. 

"So are you going to tell me why you've been so obsessed with me? I mean, who wouldn't, but still."

"I felt like it.", he shrugged, "Besides it's not like you weren't all over me yesterday."

Reine scoffed.

"Please, I flirt with almost everyone in here. It's something called teenage hormones, I'm sure you can relate."

She pulled him into a empty room and smashed their lips together. Their hands roamed each others bodies. They're bodies filled with pure lust and hunger for each other. But before it could any further she pulls away.

"You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?", she whispers before leaving.