| Chapter XIV | dear diary let's talk about friends

Friends, they're a important part of life

As child it's easy to make friends, those friends might last a long time, most of the time you'll grow apart as you get older; after all the only thing you need to have in common as a child is either favorite snacks or your mothers being friends.
When you get older it gets harder, kids can be mean, anxiety takes over, people get faker. You must start being a little more careful of who you surround yourself with. The true friends are well hidden, but you should keep looking for them instead of comforting yourself with fake ones.
It can hard considering everyone wants to have friends, to be part of something, to have someone to talk to, someone to laugh with, to not be alone. Some people would change everything they are just to have that. Those who says they're fine alone are either lying or are scared. Maybe they experienced the hurt of a cut friendship.
The thing is people leave, not all relationships are forever; whether they be lovers, friends, or even family. The feelings, memories, and hurt may stay after they're gone. When someone leaves you could try to deny it, try to replace them, try to forget them, shut yourself off. Sometimes you can't control which one you do. Though you should never stop trying to make friends, the more experience the better you'd be able to handle something simple as growing apart from someone.
But what happens with those who lack experience in relationships? Those who have shut off since childhood. They're a lot of ways it could go with someone like that. See they'll do anything for their friends. Desperate for it at times. It's all good and dandy, until you hurt them. You never know what they're truly capable of, some may not be so extreme others might be more than you bargained for. You might just have left something wonderful and deprived someone of that. Or you might just have awakened a monster.
As much as it sounds that you should stay far away from those people, that is not what I am saying. Don't stay away from them, just try to be gentle and understanding. Don't feel obligated to stay with them. You aren't their therapist. They'll learn to let go. They must learn to let go.
I am one of those people and truth be told it scares me. My sister keeps me away from everyone else. She's one of them too. I am desperate for a friend. Maybe I should get help, that way I could make friends, become normal. But I can't, I won't leave her.

Sincerely,

Lilianna Darlene C.