| Prologue | a dark night

11:00 pm. Early Autumn. It's dark, the moonlight that crept through the window being the only light source, that and the flashlight the burglars used to find their way through the manor. 
The noise coming from downstairs woke up the lady of the house. At first she had confused the noise for her husband, she walked downstairs, but when she noticed it wasn't her husband she raced back up stairs to her children. To bad the noise she made alerted the robbers, half of them slowly followed her upstairs.
The woman ran as fast a she could to her children's room, she shook the two little girls awake, and left before they could even put on their shoes. Then she went back to her bedroom where she had left her youngest daughter, and she woke her up just as she had done with her sisters. After getting her children she scurried to hiding spot and a phone.

"Hello 9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"This is Mrs. Coldwell, there's some burglars in my house. It's just me and my daughters, please help us."

"Okay, stay calm. Where are you are you right now?"

"I'm-" The line was cut, they cut the landline.

Mrs. Coldwell then tried to sneak past the thugs by going through the back door. To her dismay they had some men guarding the front door, they proceeded to drag her and her children to the common room. The rest of the thieves met them there. The men taunted them, planning to do heinous acts on them.

The police got there at 1:03 am, Mr.Coldwell and his mother had arrived before they had. Mrs.Coldwell was found dead, she died protecting her children. All seven of the burglars were also found. The police arrived only few minutes late before Mrs.Coldwell's demise.

She wasn't meant to die that night. She and her children weren't meant to be there that night. A lot of tribulation could've been prevented if she hadn't left her weekend visit to her mother-in-law early.

There is a lot of questions this nefarious left.
Why did she leave early?
Why didn't her husband go with her?
Was she really not meant to die that night?
How did a little girl kill seven men?

What happened to the three little girls?