"finally the main course arrived." hoseok said, turning around and leaving namjoon to go and hug his younger friend. it's been too long since they last saw each other. "i was so happy to get a call, didn't even need to know what job."

"you just wanted to see me." jungkook teased, releasing from the embrace and walking in to drop his backpack on the table and stand behind jimin.

the shorter boy knew who it was, but the pettiness he loved kept him from acknowledging the boy. jungkooks lips turned up into a small smile, he knew the shorter boy was bothered by him being late. "it looks good." jungkook said, leaning past his friend to leave a small bag of pastries from his favorite cafe next to the keyboard.

jimin eyed the bag and could practically smell the double chocolately chip cookie smore sitting at the bottom in a little pile of perfection. "the best only for you." he finally said, looking at jungkook with a wide smile, everything already forgiven.

"and you." jungkook replied, kissing the boys cheek before stepping back to leave him to work and pull out his phone again.

"so what's up jungkook?" jina asked. she was standing with her hands on her hips and it was evident how much hoseok was staring at her slim legs coming out from this jean shorts. he hasn't pulled off a job yet with them together, but he needed both.

"we're waiting on two more people." he said.

"two?" namjoon finally looked up from the papers with a face of confusion and quick look back at the notes. "i only have jin."

jungkook sighed and ran his tongue over his bottom lip. he didn't want to deal with this just yet because he knew the reaction he'd get, but it was now or else in ten minutes. "we have another computer systems analyst coming."

a few gazes turned towards jimin who's fingers abruptly stopped typing furiously on the keyboard. the boy turned around and faced his best friend, eyes a bit narrowed and hands suddenly on his hips and all jungkook knew was he was about to get a whole lot of sass and attitude. "excuse me?" jimin asked.

jungkook gave him a pointed look, no words needed to show his message and he knew — everyone knew, that jimin was aware to back down. of course he wouldn't, because then he wouldn't be jimin and they wouldn't be like the brothers they are.

"it's a big job. i'm not overworking you." jungkook simply stated, crossing his arms over his chest and stretching the fabric of his shirt. a little bit of ink peeked out from the sleeve but no one mentioned the new marking.

"are you doubting my skill." jimin pushed, he was not happy with this. he worked alone and did his best when he was the one doing it and making sure everything was done correctly and to make sure jungkook and everyone was safe and secure the entire time. that was his job. "you know i don't do well with assistants."

jungkook rolled his eyes with a little smile. "don't worry, this one is quiet. you won't even knew he's here."

"he's here." hoseok interrupted. he pointed up at the screens on the opposite wall that had the footage of all the security camera. a little form hunched over, walking into the alley and knocking three times on the door. "i'll get it!" jina said, seeing a new boy and wanting to be the first to greet him.

"play nice." jungkook warned his friend who just pouted and turned back to his computer.

a minute or so later, the two cans walking back through the sliding glass doors, a whoosh heard everytime they opened or closed.
the boy was wearing a baggy grey sweater that reached his thighs, a pair of black skinny jeans underneath and dirty converse.

"guys, this is yoongi." jungkook said, "and yoongi, this is jina, namjoon, hoseok, and jimin. you'll meet jin later on." he pointed to each of them as he said their name and it was returned with a smile or small wave. except from jimin, who stayed facing his monitor and did his best to seem busy.

"nice to meet you guys." yoongi said.

a few exchanges were greeted, smiles and hand shakes between new faces until jungkook grabbed a remote and placed his hand on jimins back to look over his shoulder again. "you know you hover." he said.

the ravenette just hummed and clicked a button on the remote so the slides appeared on the television. "alright." he said, turning to face the people in the room, those he called to help him pull this off. the five faces staring back with equal looks of mischief and anticipating for what was to come. and he knew he should be focused, thinking about the plans and strategies to make this seamless. but jungkook suddenly felt his stomach twist, because the thought of wishing to see a certain pair of deep brown eyes made him feel something he hasn't in a long time — fear didn't come easily.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬