Damon looked her up and down carelessly, "enjoy eternity alone, Katherine" with that Damon brushed past her and made his way to Veronica.

"What are you gonna do now?"

"I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus" he said matter-of-factly glaring at Kathrine.

"He won't take you!" She said trying to convince herself more than trying to convince Damon.

"He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure"

Sighing loudly Veronica left the room and left Damon to hash it out with Kathrine.

Groaning she slumped down the back of the door and put her head on her knees.

-

Veronica stumbled out of her room, she paused leaning on her wall shaking her head to rid herself of the vertigo she was experiencing, which only made her feel all the more dizzy.

Giving up she walked downstairs to see Damon open up the door to none other than John.

Smiling softly she watched Damon reply snarkily to him.

Inviting himself in John walked past Damon glancing at Veronica before speaking.

"Elena hasn't answered my calls for days, I need to see her"

"You're a day late and a daughter short" Veronica said bluntly gripping Damon's arm afraid of falling over if she let him go.

"What are you talking about?" He hissed at her.

Damon's face hardened, "Klaus has her"

"Sacrifice goes down tonight" Veronica mumbled walking with Damon.

"How could you let that happen? You were supposed to keep her safe" he turned to speak to Damon as the siblings walked by.

"Wasn't the sum total of your plan to keep her safe?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"She is safe" Veronica whispered glaring at John not liking his accusatory tone.

What?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I fed her my blood" Damon stated finishing Veronica's unvoiced thoughts.

"You what?"

Stepping in front of Damon slightly, Veronica shot John a dark look.

"When Klaus kills Elena she will come back to life" the brunette stated simply licking her chapped lips.

"Granted as the thing you hate most but no one really cares what you think" Veronica a hint of malice in her tone.

Her smile was brittle and humourless, her eyes sparked with a kind of vindictiveness that's always presented itself whenever Veronica was wired for a fight.

John made to grab Veronica, but was quickly spun and slammed with a sickening crack onto a nearby wall, Damon released him and went back to Veronica's aid.

"You don't want to mess with us right now" Damon hissed flashing eyes in warning.

Recovering quickly John faced the siblings again.

"You ruined her life you know that right?"

This outburst earned an unnerving smile from Veronica, John squirmed under her gaze and looked to Damon again.

"I know that, took away her choice, destroyed her future!" Damon replied sarcastically.

"Trust me I get it"