"i had something in my eye." jungkook said, but the slight nerves he was feeling could be seen as he coughed lightly and rubbed the back of his neck. "and i figured i could buy you that drink now, or else i'd forget."

"sounds good to me." the brunette smiled and looked around at the places they were passing. he didn't get the chance to freely walk around that often, he was always busy mingling in the lobby at the request of his father or just following around to meetings and discussions so he could gradually 'pick up the trade' his father would say.

"in here." jungkook said, placing his hand at the small of the boys back to guide him into the little shop on the left.

taehyung felt his cheeks flush and trained his eyes on the ground, thankful for the dim lighting to hide his pink cheeks. once he finally had the courage to glance up, he noticed the red brick walls and dark wood counters that matched the little table set around the room. a few people were scattered around the cafe, some reading and others talking quietly in private chatter.

"this wasn't my first idea of a drink." taehyung said, pulling out a chair to sit at a free table near the back.

jungkook shrugged and sat down across from him, taking the menu and lazily reading over a few options. "i technically can't buy alcohol for a little while, so i hope coffee or tea will suffice."

"i like english rose tea." the brunette said. he was content with this idea better anyways, reaching over for a menu himself and searching for the item on the lists of others.

"of course you do." jungkook shook his head a bit, but that same small smile wanted to show.

a worker came by with a pad and pen, asking them if they needed anything. "he's going to have uh, an english rose tea, and i'll just take a coffee. black."

taehyung scrunched his nose a little at the order, he's not sure how someone could drink coffee let alone without anything added to fix the already bad flavor. "thank you." he said anyways, with a smile up at the worker.

"where were you coming back from?" jungkook finally asked when they were alone again.

the other boy shrugged and didn't feel like getting into the boring night out with these other guys who were sons of some of his fathers partners. "it was kinda work related, really boring." taehyung settled with the shortened version.

"what do you do for work?" it was a genuine question this time. jungkook set the menu down and looked over at the other boy. he assumed taehyung didn't work since he was living in a nice place and most definitely had money already.

he could tell the brunette wasn't interested in the topic already, this is the second time he shrugged lazily and picked at the napkin. "i'm learning how to run a hotel, only because my father wants me too. it's boring."

"do you always do what your father says?"

"do you always ask so many questions?" the older boy shot back, it wasn't necessarily defensive, only genuine curiosity. taehyung wasn't sure why jungkook suddenly cared about what he did.

the ravenette leaned back in his seat with a subtle smirk on his lips. "touché. feel free to toss some my way. i can tell you want to."

a little spark of fire ignited in taehyungs chest. he felt conflicted seeing the boy lean back and somehow make that look attractive and somehow always know exactly what he's thinking. it was admiring yet irritating to witness.

"what do you do for work?" taehyung asked. he noticed the other males jaw tighten slightly, and he felt proud of himself for getting some sort of reaction out of him instead of him always being so cool and collected.

jungkook recovered quickly, honestly he wasn't expecting that question so soon, but he was ready. he leaned forward to rest his elbows on the table, a grin tugging at the corner of his lips. "i work with security."

"oh," taehyung said, "that actually makes sense, you seem really smart."

"you think so?" jungkook was a little taken aback by the remark, of course he knew he was pretty bright when it came to certain things, but he didn't think taehyung would realize that after few encounters together.

he just nodded and looked around, wanting to know if their drinks were coming and if he felt like going to the counter to buy some pastries. "what's your favorite dessert?" taehyung asked. his eyes were still trained on the glass encasing of all the sweets and chocolates on display.

jungkook chuckled again and pulled out a few bills of cash, "go pick whatever, i'm not picky."

taehyungs smile widened as he took the money and got up quickly to go to the counter. it was funny how drastically his mind would change to what topic interested him that second. jungkook was definitely amused when he was around the boy, always wanting to decipher his actions and words to know what really went on in taehyungs head.

the boy came back down with a boxful of candies and chocolates, even a muffin that he just had to get as well since the strawberry on top looked irresistible. "i like chocolate." taehyung said, setting up the pastries in between them on a few napkins.

"i can tell." jungkook said, reaching for a small truffle looking sweet.

that started a spiral, taehyung continued to mention things he liked or recall a story that had to do with the item they were talking about. jungkook picked at the pastries and would occasionally hum in encouragement for the boy to continue on or just show he was actually still listening.

jungkook was actually more absorbed in the stories then he realized. he forgot about nearly everything except for the pretty brunette in from of him and the coffee down his throat. the thought of using the boy for his own gain never crossed his mind, and he didn't feel the guilt course through his veins that night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
how do you all think this
is going to play out between
them two? i'm curious.