She Talks to Angels (Part Two)

A/N: Sorry, it's been a while guys. Hopefully the next chapter should be up within the next week or so depending upon RL. :) Enjoy!

   They were arguing. Again.

    I buried my nose further into the book I was reading. I was attempting to read The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, hiding it behind a large book of lore on angels so it looked like I was actually working. It didn’t matter. I couldn’t have read either one anyways.

   I sighed and looked over to Bobby. He was intently perusing an old book that was laid open on his desk. I glanced back to the kitchen where my brothers’ voices had risen even further.

   I slammed the book shut, a plume of dust flying upwards. No one even turned to look at me. I huffed, and stood, irritably making my way over to Bobby’s bookshelf. I ran my hand along the spines. There was something calming about books. Sometimes. Other times, my idiot brothers caused me to be unable to do anything, but simply be ticked off.

   I looked up as I heard Dean speaking again. “Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one...at some point...ever?”

   “Yeah.” Sam replied cynically. “You just did, Dean.”

   Dean retorted, “I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me.”

   “Oh for God’s sake—” I muttered.

   “Dean, we have a theory.” Sam continued.

   “Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please.”

    “Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just saying that I think we—”

   “Okay, okay. That's the point. We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking ‘Angel of the Lord’ because it says so!”

   I opened my mouth, prepared to blurt out something that would get the both of them to shut up, but Bobby beat me to it. “You two chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come take a look at this?”

   Sam and Dean gave one another a last ‘this isn’t over’ look before making their way over to Bobby’s desk. I followed behind them, glancing down at the old book.

   “I got stacks of lore,” Bobby started. “Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit.”

   “What else?”

   We all looked at Dean.

   “What else, what?” Bobby asked, raising his eyebrows.

   “What else could do it?”

   “Airlift your ass from the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing.”