Jump In the Fire (No Rest for the Wicked Part Two)

Dean, Sam, and I took out the mailman demon while Bobby worked on spiking the sprinkler system.

Sam and I finished off "Mr.Rogers", and then hurried to meet Dean at the rendezvous point. We came through the trees just in time to see Ruby grab Dean and snarl, "I'd like my knife back, please. Or your neck snaps like a chicken bone."

Sam stuck the knife to her throat. "He doesn't have it. Take it easy."

Ruby slowly released Dean and backed away. Dean whirled to face her. "How the hell did you get out?"

"What you don't know about me could fill a book." She spat.

Dean's eyes suddenly widened. "Whoa."

"What?" Ruby demanded.

Dean looked away. "Nothing. I just-I couldn't see you before, but you're one ugly broad."

I looked at Ruby. Well, it was true. But it didn't faze me so much anymore.

Ruby rolled her eyes before turning to Sam and crossing her arms. "Sam, give me the knife before you hurt yourself."

"You'll get it when this is over."

"It's already over. I gave you a way to save Dean, you shot me down. Now it's too late. He's dead. And I'm not gonna let you die too. And if you two Yahoos had any sense left I would've figured you would've gotten your precious baby sister out of here."

Sam's face fell at her last statement, but then he shot back heatedly, "Try and stop me, and I'll kill you. Bitch."

"Hit me with your best shot, baby." Ruby retorted.

Dean suddenly looked back from where he had been studying something across the street. "Guys, guys! Hey. Have your little catfight later."

We all looked up only to be met with dozens of pairs of black eyes, watching us from all directions.

Dean mumbled under his breath. "So much for the element of surprise."

"Go. Go. Run. Run!" Sam said, his voice rising in pitch as his fear escalated. It didn't matter. I was halfway to Lilith's house by the time he got the first word out of his mouth.

* * * * * *

I was first to reach the house, which was good since I was also the best at picking locks. I fumbled with my lock pick though, some unknown fear taking over me. I cursed and took a deep breath trying to calm my shaking hands.

"What the hell is taking Bobby? Hurry!" Dean barked.

I cursed again. "I'm trying." I muttered.

Even as I spoke I heard the sprinklers spring to life and I heard the dismayed and pained screams of the demons. I calmed my hands as I felt a small smile touch my lips.

I would have to remember to thank Bobby for his ingenuity later as I managed to pick the lock on the door and rush in the house, the others hot on my heels. Dean laughed a little, relief clear in his voice.

I stopped though before I could trip over the body lying in hallway. Flies swarmed around it and I wrinkled my nose in disgust. Sam and Ruby stood to my right and I heard Dean close the door before coming up beside us.

"You think Lilith knows we're here?" He asked.

"Probably. " Ruby stated wryly.

We moved around the body and carefully made our way into the living room. Sam was first, holding the knife out in front of him. Ruby followed second, Dean and me taking the rear. I slipped my own knife silently from its sheath. Not that it would do me much good against demons, but it made me feel safer.