Pilot (Part Two)

I grunted and pulled myself up over the railing thankful for once that Dad made me do all those training exercises.

I had barely grabbed on in time and as my body weight had jerked me over I had near lost my grip. A painful jolt had been shot through my shoulders and up my arms and it took all I could not to cry out and let go.

Sam pulled himself up beside me onto the bridge and leaned up against the railing. We looked at each other panting. “You all right?” I asked rolling my shoulders.

Sam nodded. “Yeah. You?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

Sam nodded then yelled, “Dean? Dean!”

“What?” I heard Dean holler angrily. I looked down in time to see him pull himself out of the water, muddy, but unharmed.

"Hey! Are you all right?" Sam called.

Dean held up an OK sign. “I’m super.”

Sam and I laughed a bit, relieved. We scooted away from the edge of the railing and stood up to wait for Dean to make his way back up the bank.

While he made sure his ‘baby’ was all right I went to check out where we had seen Constance jump. I didn’t spot anything unusual though so I joined my brothers back at the car as Dean was shutting the hood.

“Your car all right?” Sam asked as I neared them.

“Yeah, whatever she did to it, seems all right now. That Constance chick, what a bitch!” Dean said leaning against the hood. I could tell he was annoyed, angry, and he was still covered in mud.

“Well, she doesn't want us digging around, that's for sure. So where's the job go from here, genius?” Sam asked smartly as he sat down beside him.

Dean threw up his hands, flicking mud in all directions. Since they took up the whole hood with their big butts I promptly settled myself in Sam’s lap much to his annoyance.

“Aren’t you getting too old for this?” He asked looking around at me. I shrugged and purposely added a bit of weight onto his lap.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Fine.” Then he sniffed and looked at Dean. “You smell like a toilet.”

I bit back a laugh that threatened to escape and I near bit the blood out of my lip. My shoulders wouldn’t stop shaking though and Dean gave me a sort of half-glare as Sam grinned.

Like I said, I missed them.

* * * * *

When my brothers came out of the motel check in they seemed anxious. I had grabbed our duffel bags and was waiting outside.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Dad was here.” Dean said, hurriedly taking his bag from me and digging out the lock picks. He handed them to Sam.

“When?” A feeling of hope began swelling in my chest.

“Not sure. Here, pick the lock, college boy.” He said.

Sam gave him a dirty look but moved down the row of motel doors and stopped in front of one. Me and Dean moved in to cover him from speculating eyes while he picked the lock.

Suddenly I feel Sam pulling me and Dean in by the backs of our jackets. He shut the door behind us and I gave the room a quick glance fighting off a smirk at all of dad’s notes covering the walls. Such a Dad thing to do. I felt a sharp pain in my chest at the thought of him.

I glanced at the notes, reading a few in his familiar handwriting.

“I don’t think he’s been here for a couple days at least.” I heard Dean say behind me.