She Talks to Angels Part One (Lazurus Rising)

A/N: Sorry if my time is a little off, month or week wise. Laziness hit me and I really didn't want to have to go back through all the past chapters and count. Other than that, hope you enjoy! Also, listen to the song on the side if you can. It's more or less Kenzie's new theme song.

When I did wake I was no longer feverish, but my body was still sticky from sweat and my muscles were stiff and sore. I sat up slowly, and not seeing Bobby at his usual place decided to go ahead and go up to shower.

Drying my hair with a towel I looked into the foggy mirror, swiping it with my hand so I could see into it. I didn't look any different physically, save for a few bags under my eyes. I looked deeper noticing a few tears in my grace. That would make it weak, but in time they would heal as well.

I dressed and pulled a brush through my hair, thinking about what I could possibly tell Bobby. Explaining Dylan's leaving had been easy. When Bobby had asked where he was I simply pretended to have a hormonal teenager girl moment and told him I didn't want to talk about it. He'd thrown up his hands and conceded. I hated throwing one of those moments on him, or keeping him in the dark about things, but I had no choice sometimes.

I took a deep breath. I needed to help Cass. He may be a literal pain in the ass sometimes, but he was family to me, same as Bobby was. There was no telling what Naomi was doing to him, especially after he helped me escape.

"Idiot." I muttered. He should have let me help him transport us both, though waiting for me to gather enough power would have likely taken a few moments, and those had been, sadly, precious seconds we didn't have.

I opened the door, releasing steam into the hall, and made my way back downstairs, intending to put my dirty clothes in the laundry room in the basement, but was stopped when I walked past the living room. Bobby was calling my name. I groaned inwardly.

"Yeah?" I asked, maybe a little too innocently.

Bobby stood. "You want to tell me what happened the other night, girl?" Oh no. That tone. I knew that tone far too well.

"Oh that. It was just a ghost possession. I'm fine though. Don't worry." I smiled.

Why do my lying skills fail me when I need them most?

Bobby's eyebrows rose. "Ghost possession? And that's how you ended up with furniture pieces chained to your arms that took me hours to finally get off of you by sawing through the wood. And how you ended up here without a car, half dead."

I internally flinched, though on the outside I kept my face calm. "The car broke down on the way, about a mile up the road. The ghost had similar chains on her, so maybe, I don't know, she chained me up. I don't really remember anything."

Bobby shook his head. "You're not leaving my sight ever again, girl. You're on lockdown. I told you not to go after this thing alone."

I felt my temper starting to rise. "So what?" I spat. "It's not the first hunt I've been on a hunt by myself, Bobby."

"Damn it, girl! I know that!" Bobby banged his fist on the table, causing papers to scatter, and then drift slowly to the floor. "But I'm trying to keep you safe. You're on lockdown, hear me?"

I was instantly incensed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't leave this house unless I know. You don't leave the yard without me being with you."

"So you're grounding me? Bobby, I haven't been grounded in years!"

"Months. Nine months. After you ran off and then came back." I stared at him, my mouth gaping, and my face flushing. "You think your brothers don't tell me anything? You'd best rethink that. If you're stupid enough to stick your neck out there, then you can still be grounded."