Earth Angel

The past couple of months have been the best of my life. Dylan and I hunted every creepy thing in Georgia, avoiding hunters and cops alike. We always ended up back at our same warehouse. Our home base.

   Dylan didn't have any thirsts for human blood, thank God, and all was well.

   We'd just finished up a case with a vengeful spirit and we were making our way back down an alleyway, heading towards our warehouse.

   "You got any leads for another case?" I asked.

   Dylan gave me a funny look. "Did you and your brothers never take breaks between cases? Come on, Kenz. Lighten up. Let's take a leave of absence."

   I rolled my eyes. "Yes, we did. But what would we do? Hunts just seem to follow us everywhere we go."

   Dylan shrugged. "Maybe, less ganking, more of this," He shoved me up against the wall of the alley and pressed his lips to mine. I didn't resist and instead helped to deepen the kiss.

   "What are you doing?"

   I whirled around with the look of a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Cass." I said feeling a blush flush my cheeks.

   Dylan growled and I could practically feel his hackles rising, preparing to attack. I placed a hand on his chest and he looked at me, incredulous.

   "The angel's off limits, Dylan." I said. I had explained my whole situation to Dylan a few months back. He was surprised at first but he took it well.

   Both Dylan and Cass regarded each other coldly for a moment. Finally I sighed and rolled my eyes. "What do want, Cass?"

   Castiel turned to me and gave me a hard look. "I need to speak with you." He turned to Dylan adding, "Privately."

   Dylan's nose wrinkled slightly. "Fine." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek before stuffing his hands in his pockets and heading back down the alley.

   Once he was out of sight I turned to glare at Cass. "What the hell, Cass? Where do you get off just butting into my private life, huh?"

   Cass gave me another hard look. "You don't have time for lustful things.

   I gaped at him. Proudly not cussing him out I said, "Look Cass, stay out of my private life alright? Now what are you here for?"

   "It's time."

   "Time for what?" I asked, but I was cut off when a bright light filled the alleyway. Whispers of Enochian filled my ears. I hadn't heard them in months. A heady sensation fell over me. A peaceful sensation. And I blacked out.

* * * * *

   I gasped as my eyes opened and blinked up at the blazing blue sky. I felt the stiff, dry grass beneath my hands. I sat up and looked around.

   I was in an abandoned field. An old barn leaned precariously a short distance off.

   I stood up and brushed the grass and dirt off my clothes, then looked around to see if anybody was near. No one was.

   A cold wind brushed over my body and I realized how ill-suited my thin jeans and tank top were, and I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm. I shivered as I made my way over to the barn and opened the wooden doors, gaining a few splinters in the process.

   "Hello." I called out, my voice hoarse. I cleared my throat but didn't call out again. I didn't expect anyone to answer.

   I looked up at the sky again and realized that clouds were fast moving in from the north. It looked like snow clouds, but that was impossible. It was August when I passed out, so how—?