16. All That and a Box of Poptarts.

Re-edited

The evening arrives quickly. The Avengers are in their fancy attire. The guests are piling into the room at a graceful pace. Their mingling is louder than the music.

    Still in her room, Alex is preparing, but not just for the party. She puts her earrings on. She gives one more look in the mirror with a sigh.

    Her dress, which Natasha forced her to wear is a nice black lace dress that hugs her waist and flows out to her knees. The sleeves are only lace. They lead all the way to her wrists.

    Alex hates to admit it, but she likes the dress. She glances at the time, and quickly realizes that she is late. Alex grabs her flats because as much as Natasha wanted her to wear heels, she wouldn't.

    Meanwhile the duo stepping up the stairs leading to the patio that connects with the stairs, were chatting.

    "I'm just saying that to sound tough." Sam answers as they walk up the last few steps.

    "I'm happy chasing cold leads." He chuckles

    "You find a place in Brooklyn yet?" Sam asks as he leans his arms on the bars of the balcony.

"I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn." Steve replies as he leans on it too.

"You think being a superhero would pay better." Alex comments, making her presence known.

The two turn around to the girl. They are shocked at her choice of clothing. She bows dramatically to the boys. Steve smiles at her in admiration.

"Wow! Alex you look...like a girl." Sam says in shock.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Alex replies as Steve walks up to her with a grin.

Steve grabs her hands, and bring them up to his lip. He kisses her hand, and walks her back to the edge.

    Alex awes at the action, but then Alex tries desperately to get out of his grip. So, nobody sees their affection.

    Sam notices their hands. He feels like his mind just blew up.

"When did this happen?!" Sam whispers absolutely perplexed. Alex annoyedly sighs, and lets it play out.

"Before the mission." Steve tells the surprised man.

"Yes, next time you force it. Rogers, I will hack your shit." Alex threatens with a point of a finger. She emphasizes the last word to make her sound more serious.

    Steve looks down, and raises his head up, smiling.

"Call me old fashion, but I write more things down than I even touch my phone." Steve tells her.

"You're annoying." Alex states with a serious look.

"Not half annoying as you." Steve fires back with an amused smile.

"Steve." Alex says. She leans in to whisper in his ear. Steve confusingly leans in to hear.

"You're a shit kisser." She whispers with a smirk. Alex then starts to walk away.

"I'm going to go find Nat." Alex farewells to Sam, ignoring the soldier. Steve laughs. He watches her with a smile as she walks away. His never thought he'd be dating the girl he hated so much. At least he thinks they're dating.

"Dude!" Sam laughs, looking at the man. "You're whipped!" He laughs harder.

"Haha." Steve says in a mocking tone as he turns back to the ledge.