4.Past Predicted

Two years ago

    This is the night Alex received a threat that changed her whole life. Why?

    Because this threat was different, not only did it bypass her protection software, it had intel on her family members encoded in the message.

    You see, Alex's job came with meeting a lot of bad people. People willing to kill, and torture to get what they want and hide what the don't.

    Alex was with her sister, her only sister Olivia. Lily.

    Alex had two siblings. Twins. Older. Sucks right?

    They were currently at Alex's apartment. Just sitting on the couch watching tv.

"I think she so would've been better of with Ted." Lily stated, as she took another handful of popcorn.

"Ted is an arrogant asshole." She states with no hesitation. Alex thought this Ted guy reminded her of someone. She couldn't quite put her finger on it though.

     "He's so good, and he knows that. No one believes that he can do something bad. He is a fucken..." She paused to find something to say, but what comes out is "fuck".

"He's a fucken fuck" Lily repeated with a mocking laugh.

    Alex just stuck her tongue at her.

    She was surprised to see an unrecognizable email. Alex decided to open it.

    The email said:

  Curiosity killed the cat.
Stop looking for me or the people
you're close to will die.
:) -J

   Alex's face dropped, turned pale. How did they even-? What?

    Olivia noticed this, and she said,

"Everything alright?"

"Uh...yeah. I think so. Everything great." Alex rambled. Alex puts on a fake smile ,and she said, "It's nothing."

    Just then that same message appeared on her tv, and cut off the show. Along with pictures of her family. And personal information.

    Like a deer caught in headlights, the two stared at the tv in shock.

    "Look Lil, I know your not proud of what I do, and I understand that." Alex paused. "But it pays good, it helps out the family, and it's what I love. I'm good at it. There's some people out there who don't like what I do..." She tried to explain.

"Ok." Lily said. Then, she paused for a couple minutes. The silence was killing Alex. Alex lets it go on for a bit more, but Lily isn't moving.

"Are you going to say something." Alex whispered in fear.

Olivia stands up, and walks to the other side of the living room.

    Alex hated the feeling she got when Lily got like this.

"When were you going to tell me it got this bad?" Lily breathes through her grinding teeth as she looks out the window.

Alex being surprised was an understatement.

    Lily had never been so mad at her she could barely get words out.