9. Midnight drinks

Re-edited

"The wind was the only noise in cold, dry, dark, and gloomy terrain. The only thing in sight was a dark deteriorating wood house. It is so cold that you couldn't smell anything but the cold. The two soldiers were on lookout for days without food, water, or any reason to go on-"

"Woah woah woah. It didn't go like that, Alex. We were only scanning the area for like twenty minutes." Sam corrects.

"Sam! Shhhhh. Let me finish the story." Alex demands.

"The two were slowly giving up on their impossible mission. Then, we they were about to fall back and give up. The cunning villain came into the sight of the two brave warriors." Alex explains.

"I thought they were soldiers." Steve questions in confusion at her unrealistic story.

"Icecap, just let me tell my story." Alex replies in a hiss.

She continues, "The villain was walking to his secret headquarters, which was his shed. The two soldiers stared at each other knowing the battle was already won. They slowly snuck up on the dangerous mastermind."

"Mastermind?" Tony questions why he is even listening. He took a sip of his drink.

"Can I just finish?" Alex asks in an annoyed tone.

"Go for it." Tony replies in a breath.

"Just a mere foot away from the villain, the second soldier SAM tripped over a rock and knocked down the first soldier. That caused her gun to go off, and shoot not the villain. But the wall. The weak wooden walls were in close proximity to the gun. It left quite the mark."

"The second soldier thought fast, he quickly ran to tackle the evil man, and restrained him. While the bravest soldier, she went to get up to fix her shoe, but leaned on the damaged wall of the shed. The warrior fell through it. And all the second soldier did was laugh. So the she-warrior got up and did the only thing she knew. She insulted him. Then, they went back the their headquarters to question the bad guy. The end." Alex finishes.

"So, moral of the story is that Sam tripped, gave away position, and Alex fell through a wall." Natasha teases through her laughs.

"Nice job, dumb and dumber." Tony grins with a chuckle. Steve soon joins in.

Sam ashamed, he drinks from his beer.

"That is the last time I am sending you two alone on a mission." Steve jokes as he joins the conversation.

"What happened in here?" Clint said walking into their lounge room in utter confusion. The room smelt like beer and cheese.

    Yes, they had nachos.

"Um" Alex looks around and says, "we're a bit drunk."

"I'm not. I'm just sitting in a room full of drunk people." Steve laughs. "They are quite entertaining." He says taking another sip of his drink.

"Care to join, Legolas." Tony suggests looking at the man with a smirk.

"I got a mission in the morning, but what the hell." Clint joins the group. He pours himself a drink and sits on the floor, but the couch gives him support.

"So what are you guys laughing about?" Clint asks, joining in on the conversation.

"Sam and I, we were on a mission. He tripped and I fell through a wall." Alex explains. "I'd tell you the full story, but I'm to drunk to remember." Alex explains in a chuckle, causing Steve and Nat to laugh.