2.A Peak into the Past

Re edited

The drive to New York was tough, but Sam pulled through. Alex fell asleep after almost an half an hour of arguing. She is currently sprawled out across the backseat.

Steve on the other hand was blabbering on about how ignorant Alex is. Let's just say it was a rather dull conversation. Sam's words not mine.

    "We're here!" Sam calls. Alex's eyes flutter open to see the busy New York streets. Oh Yeah! and the Avengers tower.

    "Why are we here?" Alex mumbles. She rubs her eyes, and lets out a yawn as she sits up.

    "Picking up some files." Sam answers. Steve just shrugs.

    "File?" She asks in a groggy voice. Alex is still waking up from her sleep.

    "It's got as much information about James Barnes as Natasha could find." Sam tells Alex from the rear view mirror. Alex decides to put on her shoes. When did she even take them off? I don't know either.

    "I'll be right back." Steve says. He gets out of the car. Alex climbs out almost tripping over the elevated part of the bottom of the car. She tells Steve,

    "Spangles, you're crazy if you think I'm not going to saying 'Hi'." She runs trying to catch up. She slams the door behind her, and runs to Steve. She walks beside the man in silence. Steve is noticeably annoyed.

    "Could you pick up the pace then." Steve comments. He subtly walks faster.

     She follows his footsteps, deciding that walking side by side is useless if he doesn't stop walking like a maniac.

    They get to the doors of the tower, and walk to the shiny elevator.

    The two walk into the elevator. They slowly watch the doors close. Steve selects his floor

    "Welcome back, Captain Rogers. Alexandrea Collins, does not have clearance to be on the designated floor." Someone speaks. Alex is a little spooked at this.

   "It's fine. She's with me." He replies as he stands with his arms crossed.

   "How does he know who I am?" She asks Steve, looking around the elevator in amazement.

   "I am Jarvis an AI created by Mr. Stark. It is my job to know who comes in." The accented system answers. A smile covers Alex's face.

    "Holy shit you're cool." She exclaims in absolute awe.

   "Why thank you Miss Collins. I should think the same of you." Jarvis replies.

   "Can you repeat what I said." She asks with a smirk.

    "OK THANKS! Jarvis, but I think this is our floor." Steve interrupts.

    Alex looks at Steve in an annoyed I-want-to-slap-you face.

    "You're no fun." Alex directs towards Steve as they walk out of the elevator.

    "And what's your definition of fun, Alex." He fires at the girl. Alex rolls her eyes.

    "Spangles, I bet you don't even know what fun is with all things considered." She comments as she looks the man up and down, and turns away with a chuckle.

    "And what's that?" Steve questions, taking offence.

   "The coolest thing about you is a shield." Alex hums.

    "Alex-".

    "Cupcake?." Tony excitedly shouts. He walks up to her and hugs her. She immediately hugs back. The two smiles on the united friends are genuine.