ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ

(stan Lana del Rey)

markhyuck

a summer fling that just couldn't leave Donghyuck's head

Donghyuck scoffed as he saw some girls turn to him in surprise, their cheeks reddening by the sight of him walking through the school halls, ripped jeans showing off his smooth legs, red hair messily styled in curls, and his eyes shining because of the makeup he had applied. To be honest, he looked too good to be real.

Before the holidays, Donghyuck didn't really care much about looks, thinking that he didn't have to impress anyone, or actually look good for people to like him. No one's heavy words could bring Donghyuck down, deciding that inner beauty was pretty much important. That was until he met Mark, and he sure felt like he was raised from the dead, or something.

On the beach, the sun blinding half of the people present, whilst burning the others, sand flying into people's eyes, and sometimes even mouths, yet that one lifeguard sitting at the top of the tall chair seemed perfectly fine. He slipped through his pink lemonade, squinting through his sunglasses, looking down upon the others as if they meant nothing, because honestly compared to him they didn't. And that one boy captured Donghyuck's attention within seconds.

The boy, Mark, licked his lips, that weren't really dry but his habit got the best of him, and smiled down at Donghyuck, before glancing over at some of the kids who were going too deep into the water, quickly blowing the whistle and warning them for the fifth time that day. As Mark continued his work, Donghyuck couldn't help but stare, amazed by how someone like him was casually working as a life guard when he could easily be a model.

Mark, obviously, noticed Donghyuck's eyes on him, so when climbed down the tall chair, definitely not purposely lifting his shirt up for a tease, and then winked at the brunette, Donghyuck knew he was in for a surprise. Trailing after the cute lifeguard, Donghyuck ignored his friends and entered the male toilets, immediately getting pulled into one of the stalls.

"Hey." Mark had said, before placing a hand next to Donghyuck's head in the stall and leaning forwards, stopping right in front of his face, allowing the younger to take in the salty smell of the ocean from him.

"Hi." Donghyuck replied, glancing up at Mark's eyes before at his lips, then moving forwards and connecting their lips.

A hand snaked around Donghyuck's waist, whilst the other cupped his head, tilting it to the side to deepen the kiss. Mark pulled away before immediately reconnecting their lips allowing both of them to only have a second to take in more air.

Donghyuck doesn't quite remember how long he stayed in that stall, kissing Mark, but he does remember the way Mark left him. A small kiss on his cheek, a thank you in his ear, and a wave as he exited the toilets. A wave of realisation washed over Donghyuck and he understood what all that was. He had never actually had a summer fling, believing the fact that he was only going to date once, fall in love once, marry once, and then die with that person (once obviously).

However, this boy was too cute, and had taken over Donghyuck's mind. So he returned the next day, this time, wearing shorts instead of jeans and a white shirt that he knew would fly up from time to time. And although Jeno made fun out of his baby tummy, he was still confident about it.

"You look good in shorts." Mark said, bravely bringing his hand down from Donghyuck waist and onto his legs, teasingly brushing his fingers down in a chilling way. "You should wear them often."

"You think?" Donghyuck innocently said, tilting his head as a joke, only to get pushed back against the boxes in the storage room, and messily kissed once again.