A White Scene

"Enter?"

It was dark in the room and Tom couldn't move his body. He was awake, he just couldnt move. Panicked he talks to the voice. "Who is this?! why cant I move?!"

"... I'm sorry that request was invalid. Please enter your first, middle, and first initial of your last name."

"..Why should I random disembodied voice?"

" It would be easiest."

".... Thomas James R."

"Welcome! Thomas. Would you like to go by a preferred name?"

"Tom, .. Please."

"Nice to meet you Tom!"

It was weird but all of a sudden the world around him started to wake up. The darkness lifted and he all of a sudden felt something pressed onto the top of his face. He was in a different room. Everything was white and he was definitely looking through something. 

But.. he could see!

He was laying back onto a comfy white bed. Changed into a light blue hospital gown. Looking down at his arms and chest. Something regulating his heart beat and a tube sticking out of his arm. 

He starts to sweat and shake a bit. Trying to pull out the tube in his arm desperately. He feels it grip onto his forearm which made him very nervous to say the least

"Ohhh, god--" He said panicked as he quickly looks up. The frame from the inside of his goggles turn yellow as the disembodied voice speaks

"Tom, Your Breathing has become unstable and your blood pressure has risen quickly. How about we try a few breathing exercises? Breath in..and out."

Tom blinks a few times but does as told and goes along with the voice. His chest rising and falling for a few quiet minutes. His lays back and closes his eyes as he hears the robotic voice speak. Then there's a soft ding "Good job!" It encourages him as it stops.

There's uncomfortable silence. Hes nervous and has no idea where he is. He feels a knot develop in his throat as he clenches the sheets. His goggles seemed nice..- Of course it was just a robot. So who knows who could have given him the tech or not.

"Hey, Do you go by something? Or.."

"Depends, Would you like to name me?"

"Yeah, Actually-- uh-"

"Lets Randomly generate a name. Is that okay?"

"Sure,"

The robot then starts going by a long list of names she could possibly go by. Its taking a really long time but it feels comforting to have somebody to talk to.

"Jazzmine,"   "No--"

 "Gabrielle?" "No." 

"Meghan"   " God no!" 

"Julia?"   "No.."

 "Emmet?"   "No."

 "Susan?"   "Taken,"

 "Mikki?"   "Nope." 

"Karen?"   "Oh god no!"

 "Emmaleigh?"   he sighs "No-"

"Madisyn?"

"...Sounds like a loud..blonde...I like it! I'll call you Madisyn!"

"Good choice Sir!"

Tom then heard soft laughter from the corner of the room.