Chapter Fifteen

The next morning, I get up an hour before my lessons start and dress into an Avengers tee and some black sweatpants.

I find Natasha waiting for me in one of Tony's conference rooms with a few books. I sit close to her and she smiles. "Ready to begin?" Natasha asks and I nod. "Okay, for starters, what language do you want to start with?" "Is it okay if I learned Russian? I've always wanted to."

She smiles and nods. "Okay, so here's your book," she says, handing me a book with Russian writing on it. "Turn to page ten and we'll get started on your first lesson."

The hour goes by and Jarvis comes over the intercom and tells me to go to my next class

Tony is waiting for me when I get to his office for math class. "Hey kiddo! Ready to start your first day of Algebra?" We work on some basic formulas and I start to remember what I had learned in school a few years ago. "You're really getting the hang of this," he says. "I'm impressed."

The bell rings after a while and I gather my things and go down to Dr. Banner's lab. Class starts and I learn so much about things I never knew. I've forgotten that biology could be so interesting. "And that's it for today's lesson," he says as the school bell Tony programmed sounds. "Would you like me to walk with you to lunch?"

"Yes please. I'm still trying to find my way around the tower. There's so many rooms." I laugh.

We walk to the elevator and go up to the main living space. The rest of the Avengers are starting to file into the kitchen where Pepper has it set up buffet-style. Steaming, homemade food sits in individual containers and a small, but very full dessert tower stands off on the side. My stomach growls loudly at the sight of the food.

Thor, who is standing beside me, looks down and laughs, "Hungry?" I nod, blushing. "My friend Volstagg is the same, he can never seem to stop eating." I smile, "Is he from Asgard too?" Thor nods.

We all get in a line, picking up plates and start piling food on them. Everyone takes their plate and goes and sits down around the living room.

Natasha and Clint sit together on the loveseat and share their food with each other. Tony and Pepper are cuddled up on the sofa near the fireplace laughing. Bruce and Steve are sitting on the floor munching on their lunch, and Thor is half sitting/ half laying in his chair quickly devouring his mountain of meats. I look around for a good place to sit and end up walking over to the window seat.

Loki suddenly appears beside me and I jump, nearly spilling my food. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." He says chuckling. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you all morning."

"Oh I've been in my room, I made something you might like." "Oh?" I ask. "What is it?" "I'll give it to you later. How's lunch?" I shove a forkfull of chicken spaghetti into my mouth and give him a thumbs up. "Ah, I haven't tried much Midgardian food, and I haven't been impressed with what I've had. Is the food here good?"

I swallow my food and clear my throat. "Here, try some. It's amazing. I don't know what they have in Asgard, but Pepper's cooking is the best I've ever had." I give him my fork and tell him what everything is. He takes a small chunk of the chicken spaghetti and eyes it nervously. "If you say so." He eats it and his eyes light up. "Pretty good. I might have to go and get myself a plate." I smile and go back to my food. After a few minutes, I look up to ask him something, but he's gone. I'll ask him later.

A/N: hey guys sorry I've been gone so long! I'm sorry I left without much notice. Things at home weren't the greatest and I've been on an emotional roller coaster with my family and friends. But on the bright side, I should be updating more often now. I'm still going through some stuff, so I appreciate the patience. This chapter was heavily about food, (sorry) I'm hungry right now and my mom is making chicken spaghetti (which is the best thing in the world) so yeah. Hope you enjoy the chapter! Love ya!