Chapter Thirteen

I get up and open the door, only to find Loki standing on the other side in a loose black t-shirt and green pajama bottoms looking guilty. "I'm sorry if I woke you."
"Don't worry, you didn't, would you like to come in?" He nods and I step aside to let him in.

We walk over to the squishy chairs that are by the TV and sit down.
"Look, I'm sorry that I took your family away from you. If I hadn't done that stupid act of idiocy, you wouldn't have to be tortured by those two idiots and you'd be happy. I'm just so sorry."
"I'm fine, really. Please stop apologizing, you're forgiven." I laugh and he nods and smiles.

I watch as his eyes go to the scars on my arms and he gets up and kneels right in front of me, grabbing and inspecting my the scars on my arm.
"How did these get here?" Loki asks quietly. I look away and a tear rolls silently down my cheek. "Anna, I know these aren't from a building falling on you, they're too dark and straight." He says brushing away the tears that are now spilling down my face.

"I wanted to join my parents. I wanted to see them again. So I tried, I slashed my wrists and arms open, but someone found me and saved me." I sob.

The prince picks me up out of my chair as if I weigh no more than a feather and holds me until I stop crying.

"All that pain hiding under a pretty façade. Someone so young shouldn't have that much sadness and loss in their life." He whispers and picks me up again and sits me down on the couch and lowers himself beside me. "Is this that 'Supernatural' show you got me to enjoy?" He asks and I nod. We sit there silently and watch it until the episode ends.

I get up and go over to the mini kitchenette that's in my room and make some popcorn and grab some candy.
"What's your favourite type of candy?" I ask him.
He looks up at me curiously. "Candy?" "Yes, which one do you prefer? I have anything you could want, come and pick something."

He gets up and looks at the selection of sweets and picks up a pack of M&M's and inspects the package. "Is this good?" He asks. "If you like chocolate then yes, they're small discs of chocolate coated in different coloured shells." I explain.

Loki looks up, "What is your favourite?" I think for a second, "I haven't had sweets in a while, but I think my favourites were gummy bears." I say as I grab a pack of them from the shelf. I open it and give him one and he chews it for a second with a look of concentration that quickly changes to a look of happiness.

"These are delightful!" He exclaims opening his M&M's and popping a green one into his mouth. I grab the popcorn out of the microwave right as it dings and burn my hand.

"Ouch! Ow ow ow ow!" I yelp as I drop the steaming bag and clutch my red hand to my chest. "What's wrong?" Loki asks. "I burned my hand on the bag. Blonde moment, sorry." I say, trying to lighten the mood. "But your hair isn't-" "Midgardian term for doing something stupid."

He grabs my hand in both of his and instantly cools it. I sigh, "How are you doing that?" "I have Frost Giant heritage, I'm naturally cold," He says and releases my hand, which is now completely healed. "I also have healing magic." He explains, grabbing the popcorn bag and opening it into a large, empty bowl on the counter.

We go back to the couch and sit next to each other. I hit the button to start the next episode and put my head on Loki's shoulder. His arm snakes around my waist and holds me tight against him. The sound of the TV fades and I look up at Loki's eyes. He catches me looking and smirks, a mischievous gleam in his eyes as he tilts his head down.

I tilt my face upward and close my eyes. There's a soft, cool pressure on my lips as Loki kisses me. Wrapping my arms at his neck, I kiss him harder.

We stay like that for several minutes until he breaks away and looks me in the eye. "You're so beautiful." I blush, "Hilarious, god of mischief and jokes." His eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"There was no joke. I'm very serious. You're gorgeous." He says.

"I believe very few things people think about me. Mostly compliments." I reply, looking at the ground.

He yawns, "We'll talk about this later. I'm going to bed. Good night." He says giving me a quick kiss. "I'll see you in the morning." And with that, Loki leaves.

I shut off the TV and climb into my soft bed. I can't believe he kissed me! I think. But I can't believe that I kissed him back! My thoughts swirl around my head and makes it hard to sleep.

I start humming a tune my father used to help me sleep when I was little. Pretty soon, the song plays softly from the speakers. "Thanks Jarvis."
"You're welcome, Suo Gan I presume?" He asks.
"Yes, my father used to hum it to me when I was young. It still puts me right to sleep." I say and pull one of the sherpa blankets over me.

"Good night Jarvis."

"Good night Anna."
And with that, I nod off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
The next morning, Pepper and Tony wake up and after I get ready, we go to a cute café a couple blocks away and have breakfast.

"I can't thank you enough for what you've done," I say. "I can't believe I'm part of a family again."

"We want you to be as comfortable as possible. You can call us 'Mom' and 'Dad' if you want. Are there any changes you'd like to make to your room?" Tony says after we order our food.

"Thanks, um I was wondering if I could paint my room and get a couple decorations to personalize it?" I ask.

"Sure thing. We can stop by the store and pick out whatever you want." Pepper says.

"What color were you thinking?" Tony asks me.

"Green. Is that okay?" I ask. Tony nods, "Sure, sounds great. We'll get started on it after this."

Our meals come and we eat and chat some more until we're full. Afterwards, we go to the paint store and I choose the perfect shade of green. Then we go to a really nice furniture store and I get a fancy vanity, a nice lamp for my bedside table, and some cool curtains. After paying for everything, we get in the limo that Tony arranged to pick us up and go back home.

I'm going home. I have a family again. I think with a smile.

When we reach Stark Tower, I help unload everything from the car into the elevator so we can start decorating my room.

The elevator dings as we reach the floor my room is on and I grab most of my stuff and get out while Tony and Pepper are behind me, laughing.

I hobble to my room, carrying my lamp, a paint gallon, and my curtains. "What in the name of Valhalla are you doing Lady Anna?" Thor calls loudly from down the hall as he walks towards me. "I'm decorating my room so it looks like it belongs to me." I explain. He nods and follows me in.

I set the stuff down, and realize I'd forgotten the box with my not-yet-assembled vanity back in the elevator. I excuse myself, slip around Thor and go back to the elevator. Tony and Agent Barton are pushing it out carefully into the living room.

"Tell us where you want it." Agent Barton says. "Just outside my bedroom door would be fine. I don't want to get any paint on it." They slowly drag it towards my room and I go back to paint.

Pepper has put on what look like her painting clothes, has opened the can of paint and is waiting for me with an array of brushes, rollers, and sponges. "Ready to start?" I nod.

Jarvis plays some music he must've found on my iPod through the speakers as we get started. I look up at the door as I dip my brush in the paint and see that all of the Avengers have put on old clothes and are coming in my room to help.

(A/N: the song for this chapter is a Chinese lullaby, Suo Gan, a song my father used to whistle to me to get me to sleep when I was little.)