Chapter Fourteen

Thor, Hawkeye, Dr. Banner, and Captain Rogers work together to move all my furniture to the center of the room and put drop cloths everywhere except for the walls. Natasha, Tony, Pepper, and I are painting the large walls the beautiful emerald color I chose.

"Nice color choice." Loki says as he walks in. "Thanks, it's my favourite." Thor walks up to him and hugs him tightly, "Nice to see you've decided to wander out of your room. I'd started to think you'd never come out." Thor booms.

He releases Loki and Loki picks up a brush and looks at it quizzically. "How do you do this?" He asks me. "Dip it in the paint about an inch and start sweeping the bristles on the wall. When you run out of paint, just dip it again." He nods and follows my instructions.

After a couple of hours, Loki looks over at me, "This is very calming. It would make a good pastime." I smile, "Yeah, it is. This is one of the things I used to do when I was younger. It's nice when you're stressed, because you can paint your feelings. You don't have to worry about hurting anything."

"What else did you do when you were younger? Any other hobbies?" He asks, suddenly interested.

"I used to be in my old school's choir, science academic team, I used to do ballet, and track too." I say as I blush and look down. "Impressive. So you're strong and smart." Loki says happily.

"I guess, though not as smart as some. I-I stopped going to school when my parents died." I reply, looking down at my shoes.

"What grade did you stop?" Dr. Banner asks.

I look up. "The middle of ninth." He nods. "I think I could refresh my knowledge of high school science and teach you if you wanted." He says, smiling. "And I could teach you math." Tony says.

Captain Rogers pipes up from the corner, "I could help with history." Thor looks up and frowns. "I could also help with that. Maybe a group effort?" They agree to partner up and pretty soon I have everyone offering to help with different subjects.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

After finishing my room, it's mid-afternoon and we all rinse the paint off ourselves, redress and lounge around the tower. I've grabbed a few books Pepper bought me and I go out onto the balcony to read. I'm halfway through Clockwork Angel when the door slides open and Loki walks out.

"Oh I didn't realize this area was occupied. I'm sorry I didn't mean to disrupt you." He says sheepishly, starting back inside.

"Please stay. I was starting to get lonely. I've been out here alone for almost an hour."

He stays and we sit across from each other, occasionally asking how each other's book is. He shares his liking of Midgardian poetry, specifically Shakespearean. "Listen to this," he says. "'True nobility is exempt from fear.' Isn't that interesting?" I nod. "What are you reading?" He asks.

"It called 'Clockwork Angel' it's about a girl who journeys from America to England in hopes of finding her brother. She runs into a group of special people after being held captive by two wicked women. She falls in love with this boy and.....it's just so amazing." I say, clutching the book to my chest and sigh.

Loki laughs, "That's very neat."

We sit and read until Jarvis starts talking. "I hate to interrupt you two, but Mrs. Stark has finished dinner and would like you to meet everyone for dinner in the dining room." Loki and I mark our spots in our books and go inside.

The dining room is starting to fill up as everyone takes their spots at the table, which has a large variety of foods for everyone. Thor has already been seated and has filled his plate with various meats. Loki pulls out a chair and gestures for me to sit. I do and he pushes it gently up to the table. "Thanks." I say and blush. A couple minutes later, Agent Barton and Natasha come in and Agent Barton does the same thing Loki did for me to Natasha.

After everyone arrives, we all start dishing up food and talking. "So Anna, what do you think of all of us teaching you?" Agent Barton asks while spooning some vegetables onto his plate. "It sounds fun, but I wouldn't want to interrupt or distract any of you from your training." "It's no trouble. We'd be happy to." Dr. Banner says from across the table.

After dinner, my homeschool schedule is set up.

8:00-9:00- World Languages with Natasha

9:15-10:15- Math with Tony

10:30-11:30- Biology with Dr. Banner

11:35-12:35- Lunch Break/Study Hall

12:50-1:50- History (both Earth and Realms) with Captain Rogers and Thor

2:05-3:05- English and Literature with Loki and Pepper

3:20-4:20- Physical Education with Agent Barton

I can't wait to start! Tony surprised me with a beautiful gold desk to do schoolwork on and supplied me with Avengers-themed school supplies. "Support your local heroes." He says. I can't wait to start school tomorrow!