Chapter Seven

I wake up to a soft knocking on the door. A woman with strawberry blonde hair and a kind smile pokes her head in.

"Hi! Glad to see you're awake. I'm Pepper, you are?" She asks as she steps into the room.

I look around for a piece of paper to write my answer on. I take the pad of paper and pen next to the bed and write my name carefully on it, showing Pepper. She gives me a curious look before giving me a polite nod. "The others are dying to meet you. Would you like to go out and see them?" I shrug and give her a 'sure' on the paper.

When we get to the room, everyone stares at me. "Hey! There she is!" Mr. Stark announces. Suddenly, my feet seem very interesting so I stare at them. "No need to be shy Lady.....?" Thor says, looking expectantly at me.

I bite my lip and look at Pepper showing her what I had written: "Do you mind telling them? I'm not in the best shape to be talking at the moment."

Pepper gives me another nod. "Her name is Anna."

A woman with short, red, wavy hair walks up to me and introduces herself as agent Natasha Romanoff. Natasha then points at the other people and says their names.

The man with the short blonde hair and American outfit is Steve Rogers, the one with the short, curly, dark brown hair and quiet disposition is Dr. Bruce Banner, the man with the spiked, light brown hair and the quiver of arrows on his back is Agent Clint Barton, and of course there's Mr. Tony Stark, Thor, and Loki whom I've already met.

I hesitantly sit on the edge of an empty chair and face the team of heroes. "So how did you come about Thor and Loki?" Agent Barton asks.

I look up at the green-clad prince and raise an eyebrow hoping he catches on. Luckily for me, he does and starts telling his side of the story, telling them about how they came across me. I keep my head down while he talks and wipe stray tears off my cheeks with a shaking hand. It takes me a moment to realize he's stopped talking and I look up at the group.

Pepper is tearing up, Loki and Thor look super angry, Clint and Natasha look shocked, Steve and Bruce look sad, and Tony looks mildly horrified.

"So why haven't your parents done anything?" Steve asks, trying to change the subject. "They're dead." I whisper. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring up an uncomfortable subject." "It's fine sir, I don't mind." I reassure him, my voice shaking.

Tony speaks next, "How did they die?" "Um, they were killed." I say, quickly looking back down at the carpet. "By who?" Tony asks. "There was an accident. Only I made it out." He nods and smiles understandingly.

"You are safe here. No one is going to hurt you." Natasha says. "Thank you. Mr. Stark, may I please call someone? I need to let them know I'm okay." He nods and goes into the kitchen. A few seconds later, he comes back with a Stark Phone and tosses it to me.

I catch it and open the phone app. Typing in Alex's number, I hit the call button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Who is this?" Alex asks.

"Well hello to you too Alex."

"Anna?! Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm at Stark Tower, I'm fine, how are you?"

"This is no time for jokes, I'm coming to get you."

He hangs up on me and I look up and give Tony back his phone. "Thank you sir."