Chapter Six

The elevator gets to the right floor and the doors open. Thor steps out before Loki, who gently guides me out with a hand on the small of my back.

The room is huge, has expensive furniture decorating it, a large bar in the back, and an amazing view. I wander around, but stay near Loki and Thor. "Hey guys, who's the girl?" A male voice asks. I spin around and see the famous Tony Stark walking up to us. "We picked her up because she was in danger." Loki explains. Mr. Stark nods and walks towards me, hand outstretched. I take it and shake his hand nervously.

"Not much of a talker, is she?"

"I think she's just scared, we found her tied up in a locked closet and some young mortal boy trying to fight us off when we got there." Loki says. "She's had enough trauma for today. Is there a place for her to rest?"

Mr. Stark nods and gestures for me to follow him. He leads me to a large bedroom and tells me where everything is, then closes the door behind him as he leaves.

The first thing I do is strip down and stand in the shower for several minutes, letting the hot water run over my bruises and scrapes. I turn the water off and dry off with a fluffy towel and go back into the bedroom, happy that the bathroom is attached.

There's a set of pajamas laid out on the bed that looks my size. I put it on and silently thank Mr. Stark for his generosity. I fall back on the bed and sleep.